1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can this pedal be used for bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bslove6, Mar 2, 2013.

1. bslove6

bslove6

Mar 2, 2013
    I want to buy a multi-effects pedal and someone recommended a DigiTech RP90 but said that they weren't sure it works for bass. I have a Cort Action V-A 5 string and urgently need advice. Please help! :help:

2. themaestro78

themaestro78

Sep 27, 2011
    they make it for bass too bp90

i have the bp80 and I'mnot very impressed with it at all

3. DudeLeap

DudeLeap

Feb 11, 2013
    Stay away, I had the bass version and it had a ton of effects but none of them sound good.

4. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Frat-Pack Sympathizer

IMHO, Zoom is probably the best brand at that price point.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/B2/

BTW, in general, any pedal that works with guitar will work with bass, or vice versa. Some bass pedals are engineered to minimize low-end loss. My somewhat cynical guess is that the main difference between most "guitar" and "bass" pedals is how they label them.

5. Bakkster_Man

Bakkster_Man

Jan 15, 2006
    Ditto that nothing on the Digitech will sound any good at all. I ditched mine as quickly as I could, since I got quickly tired of the awful tone.

6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    If you're interested in a digitech processor for bass, check out the digitech bp355. it has a variety effects, amp and cab models suitable for bass. if you want something different, check out the zoom b3. I have sound samples of both the digitech bp355 and the zoom b3 on my soundclick website. here's the link.

www.soundclick.com/crystalman85

Feel free to check it out and see which multi-effects processor is right for you.