1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can you believe this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ficelles, Jan 15, 2021.

1. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    OpposableThumbs and ERMAL like this.
  2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I guess I'm not clever enough to pick up what you're putting down.

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    That makes 2 of us.

4. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Huh?

5. 3

DJ Bebop, BrentSimons and dkelley like this.
  6. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles

.....Tuners / string winding / string angle? It's not great, but I've seen similar wackiness on Fodera's....

What's your issue?

7. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) mmm Woody! Supporting Member

It's a nicely done telecaster 6 string to bass conversion. What's the issue?

8. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    Seriously? Thats a Telecaster copy guitar with veneer covering the 6 in-line tuner holes, 4 bass tuners fitted, and presumably a bass bridge under that ashtray.

cosmicevan, DJ Bebop and LBS-bass like this.
  9. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    Maybe my bad and it's ok then :)

DJ Bebop likes this.
  10. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Yep. But it doesn't claim to be anything else and it is about 300 bucks. Again, what's the problem.

11. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) mmm Woody! Supporting Member

I wouldn't pay that for it, I'd build it :) but yeah it's probably a hack job :)

DJ Bebop likes this.
  12. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    For me the problem is it doesn't say what it is... if it said "this here is a guitar I made into a bass" then I'd be fine with it, but it's leading buyers into thinking otherwise.

13. The plot thickens... So, what did they stick you with?

DJ Bebop likes this.
  14. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    dkelley likes this.
  15. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    It doesn’t say it was made from scratch as a bass and it doesn’t say it was a guitar that was converted into a bass and for this you’re starting a PayPal dispute? I know eBay tends to side with the buyer but I’m not sure the facts are on your side. What’s most surprising is you expected others to come to the same conclusion you did.

16. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    Seriously? It implies it was made as a bass guitar. In UK consumer protection law that is not ok as it's misleading to say the least. Ps I didn't buy the Tele guitar/bass.

bholder and dkelley like this.
  17. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    It doesn’t actually say anything about how it was made at all. I’ll agree the description should’ve been more detailed but I don’t think you’ve been misled.

rollie 55 and Dominic DeCosa like this.
  18. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    Maybe attitudes are different between the UK and the US in this respect... I would consider that to be misrepresentation. If someone welded two ends of different cars together and didn't tell the buyer isn't that misleading?

19. I can't tell what that started out as. Does this have half the strings tuned from the headstock and half from the bridge? The Fauxdera butterfly would probably have been enough to dissuade my interest. Sorry you're disappointed, and I hope you and the seller come to terms.

/\/\3phist0 likes this.
  20. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I don’t think it was misrepresented. I think it was inadequately represented. I would’ve asked more questions about its origin before buying it. You’re gonna win so it doesn’t matter what I think, but there it is.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021