Can you run your amp too long?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by aaronious, Dec 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    +1 Without a doubt I believe the components are tested in batches but as you can see in the following videos and the ones I've already provided companies do test their final products now does the company that makes those cheap flashlights you buy at a dollar store testing them after assembly probably not but in mid level to high level electronics things probably get tested.

skip to 2:31

skip to 10:05

skip to 4:52

skip to 4:28

2. I suppose I should have stated, "quality electronics" and "in American plants" and "in my experience in American plants" and "what do I know..."...

3. Old Fart

Old Fart

Mar 11, 2011
    Audiophiles will tell you that amplifiers sound better the longer they are energized. Those guys will warm amps up for an hour or two before demonstrating their amazing tone for others.

Automobiles are the same way. They work best when they have just consumed half a tank of fuel.

4. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    Just like old farts?

5. Old Fart

Old Fart

Mar 11, 2011
    Right you are! Old farts are fueled by whiskey and beer. And ibuprofen. <wink>

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021