Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can't edit posts?

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by Tyler Hole, Feb 5, 2005.

1. I went to go edit one of my posts I posted a few days ago and one from this morning and I noticed there was no edit button on my post...so I went and looked at my other posts...no edit button. So I posted a reply in my own thread (bumping it up) and there was an edit button on the post. Is there something going on where you can't edit a post after a few hours or something? This is really weird...I even tried signing out and back in and nothing changed.

Thanks,
    Tyler

2. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Hey Tyler Hole!

You might wanna check that link when you get a chance. Don't think it goes to your Pilot 5er. dcr

3. Ok...that was odd. Wonder why the link changed? It was the link to the thread for a week+ now...and I just noticed I can't edit my original post in this thread now nor the one I made in my FS thread. So, anyone know whats goin on here?

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The reason that you can't edit your posts in the FS forum is because you are no longer a Supporting Member. Only Supporting Members can post, and because of that limitation, it prevents you from editing posts that existed when you were a Supporting Member.

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    actually, I can't edit my posts either. No matter which forum they're in

6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Same here...

:confused: :meh:

7. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Had a similar problem that was cleared up when I dumped my cookies.(not as gross as it sounds)

8. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I cleared my cookies, still got the same problem

9. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Never had to do that before...

:meh:

10. I haven't been a SM member for about a week now and had been able to edit posts. And like the others, it's not just in the FS forum.

11. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I can't edit most of mine, but I can edit the last post I made. Go figure.

12. When I made this thread, I went back and looked at it in about 5 minutes or so and the edit button was gone off the post. This is really quite annoying...

13. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Yes, now the edit button is gone.... new feature maybe?

14. Sounds like a lame feature :meh: And if it is, what's with no announcement about it?

15. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I can't edit mine either?? :eyebrow:

16. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    I just noticed this no-edit-button thing right after making a statement that all you have to do to delete a thread you've started is delete the original post... but now you can't do that so I feel stupid. haha

17. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    now i can't edit my posts!

interesting

18. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I can't edit either. It does indeed appear to be a new feature. I tried hitting the "back" button on my browser to get back to the "edit" screen on one of my posts, and I recieved a message saying that you can no longer post after 5 minutes.

I wonder what that's all about?

19. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Same here. Cannot edit recent posts. Let's see if this one works...

Edit: I can edit this one.