1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

carvin b2000 vs mesa carbine m6?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bjazzman, Apr 22, 2010.

1. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

If you want more power, I'm assuming you need more volume. You mention the power with an 8 ohm load.

Maybe instead of a different amp, you need to look at your speakers? To get the most out of the amp (either M6 or M9), I'd think you'd need a 4 ohm load.

What cabs are you using?

2. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Source Audio BETA tester
    Why not just supplement with an secondary power amp? They're available fairly cheap these days, and usually with gobs of power on tap. You'd simply use the M6 as a preamp.

3. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

I bought the M9 to feed enough power into my 8 Ohm 15-6 to make it bloom....and it does! I do bump the low mids at 300 Hz with the eq.

4. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

I dig both the chocolate AND the vanilla, WA and M9.

5. +1 Me too. All the executions sound very good to me personally, and all sound quite different, but equally good. I'm drawn much more to the M6/9 than the more 'tubey warm' executions, but that's pure personal taste.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I'm the other way 'round, preferring the Walkabout or BB750 to the Carbine's, but that doesn't make me want an M6 any less. Sometime's, it's not about *needing* anything, is it?

7. Dr Funk

Dr Funk "If you ain't appearing then you be disappearing" Gold Supporting Member

Do yourself and your wallet a favor and listen to bass junkie, it's good advice. That B2000 is an astounding head at any price. :ninja:

8. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

Nov 3, 2011
    PA
    Can anyone take a photo of the inside of the M6 and the Carvin B2000. I am curious how similar or different the design of the amps are.

9. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    I have tried both amps and like the B2000 better it is a more versatile amps to my ears and a far better value. The Mesa although great sounding are a little too punchy / aggressive to my ears unless they are paired with a rather tame cab.