1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin gear

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by stu1965, Sep 22, 2010.

1. stu1965

stu1965

Aug 9, 2010
    Tampa, Fl
    considering a 16chan board and some 12in powered floor monitors....anyone who can lend their experiences with carvin gear....would be much appreciated.

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I have the LS 1503 mains enclosures. They're solid, a good value, and sound pretty decent. I have no experience with the other components mentioned.

Riis

3. JumboJack

JumboJack

Dec 31, 2007
    Lakewood,CA.
    Never had a problem with any Carvin pro sound gear I have come across.

4. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    I'm not the biggest fan of their powered mixers...I've had one go into thermal protection too many times to consider it reliable or bomb-proof.

I think their non-powered mixers are pretty sweet. Good preamps and routing options. The 12" powered monitors are the molded plastic ones? Good options and a decent amount of power for the onboard amp.

5. modulusman

modulusman Inactive

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    I had a C1644 mixer for a few years. It was an Okay for the money and trouble free. I sold it to another band who used it for 2 years before upgrading and as far as I know it still works fine.

6. Blasto

Blasto

May 12, 2009
    Every single piece of Carvin gear that I own or have ever had my hands on, I am tickled to death with. I so wish they had a store in Tennessee. Besides, "MADE IN USA" goes a long way with me. Customer service is quite good as well.