1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

carvin LB75 controls

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by backplains, Apr 30, 2010.

1. backplains

backplains

Sep 16, 2009
    Just got a Carvin 4 string active/passive electronics. When using the active setting, is it wise to flatten the highs/mids/lows or use the detent. I'm tired of lugging my amp around. I'm thinking of going into a powered mixer via a Radial Passive DI box..XLR channel. If I go this route, I like using 12" speakers or shall I use EV 15" ZX4's? Lastly, what does the toggle switch on the bass activate. I'm new at this..thanks.:hyper:

2. COBRARI

COBRARI

Apr 16, 2010
    Sacramento
    The toggle switch if I remember correctly is not a bridge or neck pickup selector. It is for coil splitting. It is an option that Carvin offered to the buyer. Here is a little more info... While coil splitting and parallel wiring sound very familiar, there are some differences. One difference is output. Splitting a 16K ohm DC resistance humbucker results in an 8K ohm single coil that translates into a -3db lowering in output.

I think you have option 31 on your bass. Go to Carvin's web and give them a call.

To engage the passive electronics, pull up on the master
    volume control. While in the passive mode the active tone controls will not function, giving you a completely uncolored passive sound.
    The sound you get out of your bass in the passive mode is a traditional Fender Precision Bass growl. Awesome!