1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Case for an ibanez destroyer II... anyone? ideas?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by singaporetheory, Jun 7, 2011.

1. singaporetheory

singaporetheory

Jun 7, 2011
    hey. couldn't find a topic for this so it's here. ANYone know of where i could find SOME kind of case that would fit an ibanez destroyer II bass??? (yes the big ugly awkward 80s orange ones ha ha) i'm using a gig bag for a friggin acoustic bass now and it's ridiculous ha ha. all floppy and stuff. i've seen hardshell cases on like ebay but they go for a fortune and had NO luck in getting any reply from ibanez directly. any ideas? anyone have one? thanks for any help with this.

chuck

2. tekhedd

tekhedd Tone chaser Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Colorado, USA
    Owner/operator of BYTE HEAVEN
    Wish i could help, but I can't. I wanted a hard case, so in the end I gave up and ordered a custom-sized case from hybrid cases and cut the foam to fit.

Cost almost as much as the destroyer. But it sure looks great, which is of course the whole point. (Although actually I get quite good tone out of the thing, to my surprise.)

3. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Bump for anyone who might of found a case or more info.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I've got the bag listed (had it since Jan 2011). My destroyer came is a regular bass case with the insides removed and a couple pieces of cut foam glued in places to hold it snug. I didn't keep the hard case because it was REAL beat up.

5. ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Yeah mine had no case and i just got it all set up and with new pickups. Taking it out on its maiden voyage tonight and i might have to "jaco" it. Might try GC but i bet they have nothing. If they don't ill just order that bag. Thanks!

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Pics? I disassembled mine again... once I'm set back up, it's getting a kahler and tort binding.

7. ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    My first bass :)
    76742_172631116097662_100000523230286_486032_8141900_n.

EMG select, Badass bridge, hipshot D-tuner

Mid life crisis/good deal :D

fbe22a66.

disassembled it, cleaned it, just installed Dimarzio's in the original covers, and the bridge was pretty nasty so i threw on a black one I had laying around.

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Nice! my first 'playable' bass was the red single pickup version... I had the same midlife GAS and bought the bound black PJ version. I had Delanos and a Bee pre wired up in it before putting the pieces in a box. I'm still not done with a MAJOR house gut/rebuild so I haven't got to finishing the Destroyer.

9. sevdog

sevdog

Mar 2, 2008
    ATX
    Bump for any info on an easily available hardshell case for a Destroyer bass. Any ideas would be appreciated.