Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CASSINOVA NEEDS OUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nino Valenti, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    In a thread in the Lobby where only Supporting members can view, Cassinova posted that he tried to take his life today. For us supporting members, please read:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168791

I feel that he is one of my internet friends and I personally don't know what to do. I honestly feel like crying. :(

Well, I am. :(

2. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    197members are on line and not one reply.

:( I'm disgusted.

3. What!?

Cass, DON'T DO IT.

IT'S NEVER WORTH IT.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Cass, I'm not sure what to say :(

I'm glad to see you online today though :hyper:

5. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I don't know about the other 196, but one of those simply doesn't know how to respond to that.

Cassanoav, although I don't know you, I truly hope that you find the courage to make it through your current situation. :(

6. I agree - I really don't know what to say. Suicide is the most selfish option you can ever take. Please Cass, think about what you're doing.

Leigh

7. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    I really don't know how to reply either. I've been IMing him and any positive words would help.

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Suicide never solved anything, bro... just hurt a lot of people.

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Cass - check your e-mail/PM then contact me.

10. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Cass, I know what it's like. I've been there. The only thing I can really offer you is just to keep truckin. It gets better. I promise.

11. I've been following this thread and Cass's thread in the Lounge.

Has anyone had a response to their PMs, anyone talked to him directly on the phone or anything yet?

12. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Cass - if you're reading this thread, you know TalkBass cares, man. Add me to the list of those who are available to talk anytime. Also add me to the list of "been there, almost did that a couple times"...

Matter of fact, the thing that made me see it's never a good way out was wandering in and seeing with my own two eyes, somebody (a friend's girlfriend) lying in her own bed crying, all cut up and passing out, from slashing her wrists, and a half bottle of muscle relaxers.

The guy and I had just walked in after getting out of class (this is when I was in college). I made the 911 call, as well as a call to a pharmacist (where I found out that the pills were muscle relaxers) and my friend just held her - and she made it. And eventually, things got better for her, for them.

They have to: when you're at rock bottom the only way you can go is up.

Nobody can say "chin up and it'll get better" and expect someone in your state to believe it, but if you have ever been truly happy in your life, just hold on to the thought of being there again... hell, even if you don't think you ever have been - it's better than sex, better than Christmas when you were 7, better than a new car.

Man, pluck a string and sing your soul out into the night sky. The world can feel you.

Take care.
    Dave

13. Cass, having run into you at the BCGTG a year or so ago, I remember you as being a pretty good guy. You gave me the impression that you cared about people, and were there to help if needed. Dude! stick around, the world needs more like you, not less. If you need to talk, you have quite a few friends here ar TB.

Sending positive vibs, John

14. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Tomorrow is always another day, with another sunrise.

15. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    +1

16. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I replied in the lobby.

I care. I honestly do. :)

And, for anyone else having such painful times, please feel free to PM me a message or your phone number. I do return messages and am not the bastard my threads might otherwise indicate. I promise. :)

17. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I just got here.

Cass, you have a larger group of friends than you realize.

18. I'm very sorry to hear about this terrible news. Some people very close to me have tried to take their own lives and I can tell you it is not an easy subject to deal with. Try to remember there are hundreds of people you can talk to. Be it here on TB, family, or phone lines. I hope you begin to feel better soon.

19. my grandfather hanged himself last month. a lot of suicidal folks think they're relieving their friends/family of a burden, but trust me, that's not the case at all.

besides, you can't play bass when you're dead. you'd have to be nuts to give that up.

20. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    Hang in there Cass and don't do anything foolish and irreversable. I'll be praying for you. Even though we don't know each other if you need anything PM me.