1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

CDspam

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Treyzer, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Aloha TBDB guys & gals,

Just wanted to let you know that some of the recordings I've been involved with lately have turned into a CD. It's available on CD Baby and it's called "Treysara; Behind the Moon". You can go to my myspace page and there's a link/button that sends you to the CD Baby site. I want to thank all of you (you know who you are) who helped by giving me support, insight and some good, constructive suggestions. I love this site and the info and discussions that go on here are the best. Again, Thanks Chris, Paul and everyone else......:cool:

Aloha nui loa

Trey

P.S. If you have any questions or problems, feel free to PM me.

T:D

2. Great, man......we need to talk to the drummer about that back-beat though......:rollno:
    I'd send over my Boyz to visit him but I can't afford another contract just now.....
    Love as always, Pee.

3. Marc Piane

Marc Piane

Jun 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Sweet Trey. I'll be sure to pick it up. M-->

4. Thanks Paul & Marc for the support. Paul, I knew the 2 & 4 thing was a little out but it kinda grew on me and Tris was only on island for a few days so it was what it was.

Take care guys & All the Best

T:cool:

5. Trey, you know I was just yankin'. That remark was from the "old" purist in me. I think your stuff is just great. I especially like the piano player. :)
    My Boyz ain't as purist as me...:ninja: they dint think it was a big deal. Tell Tris he can relax. ;)

6. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Maybe Tris needs a back-beatectomy after all those years playing with Chicago. :D I saw him over here a couple of years ago.... he was doing a corporate thing next to my gig, so I strolled over. He sounded great. Paul, he's old buds with Buono.

Trey.... I'll check out your tracks later when I get a minute.

7. No wonder. :atoz:

8. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    :D

9. Just wanted to state that Tris Imboden is one of the nicest most generous and truly gracious people I've ever met in or out of the music business. He has played with lots and lots of very well known artists in R&B, jazz and pop. We've known each other for over 30 years. We share the dual passions of surfing and playing music. He's a great friend as well as a pretty good beach/surf rat. :cool:

10. Trey:

Killer disc! Great chops and great ideas to use them with. Great bass sound on the recording. The band is great. Your wife's got a beautiful voice.

You picked some of my favorite standards to cover as well.

I have no negatives. Super job.

mark

11. Thanks so much Mark. That's high praise and it is much appreciated.

I've got to say the recording was done by a master; Ron Pendragon. He did lots of jazz recordings but is best known for his work with Earth Wind and Fire. He's got an incredible Mic collection and he is kind of a genius in many areas other than music.

Mike Ruff is the painist and if he has had quite a prolific career as a writer, producer and all around amazing player in just about any genre.

My wife Sara, what can I say. She has been a wonderful wife and mom. She gave up her singing career for many years to raise our boys. Not only can she sing, she writes charts, arranges and plays piano and guitar. She's a singer who is also a musician. We're having fun!

BTW. Your stuff is awesome. Your writing is great. I love the jazz but i also really love the African KIng Sunny (High Life) Tune. Man......Please leave those songs up for awhile on your page. They are really good!

All the Best

Trey:cool:

12. Thanks Trey.

Bursting with Love is my single favorite composition/performance/recording of everything I've ever done. It is a super simple little tune but I have a harder time writing those than I do writing complex jazz tunes. We did 8 takes of that song over 3 months. Each time I was looking for something that we didn't quite get. I kept working on the arrangement, paring it down trying to find it's essence. Originally, I played the line on upright but changed to electric fretless when I felt like the upright didn't hit the line right. Finally, we did two takes during one session and the second one is the one here. Everything came together. Both saxophones play great solos by themselves and then play a brilliant simultaneous improvisation. I have to say that I get emotional every time I hear it. To me, it is just a perfect piece of music.

I say that because it is the only piece of music that I've ever done where I don't wish I had done something different in it. Most of the time, when I listen to these tunes, I hear all of the mistakes, problems, things I wish I could fix. I wish I could have had my 2009 skills back in 2002 when I recorded these things. They would have been so much better...;)

I'll leave it up for a while.

I've added two more songs. One I think you'll like. I'm going to describe what they are in the Myspace Spam thread.

mark