1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chokeslam512, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Another 212

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. New 115

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Keep the 410's and stop being a wuss

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  4. Get a truck and some roadies

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hello all! I am looking to make a few changes to my bass rig. I drive a Saturn Ion and the massive cabs are getting to be a pain.

What I have:
    GB shuttle 6.0
    GK Neo 212
    Ashdown Mag210
    GK GLX410 (2)

I play modern rock, so some picking mostly fingers and I need a lot of punch. All of my basses have active preamps (tragic, I know). That being said I am considering getting rid of the two GK 410's in favor of another neo 212, neo 115, or Ashdown ABM115. I figure with the 210, 212 and another 212 or 115 I would have a pretty versatile setup that is not hard on my back or my poor little commuter car.

I have only ever had 410 cabs and know little or nothing about the single 15. I do really like the 212 that I have but I feel that I need more sonic range. What say you... another 212 or 115? What models should I be considering? My price range is about $450

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Another identical 212.

3. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    What Jimmy said...

MM

4. It seems as though they are having a shortage of stock on these cabs..... Avatar perhaps? Those seem to get quite a bit of praise here and the price is right for the 212... :help:

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It could work...or it could be a disaster. The problem with mixing and matching cabs is that phasing issues can result and make things worse. Some rigs are worse about it than others, but at the very least it's a crapshoot. Therefore, I think you're better off getting identical cabs.

6. Point taken, I forgot about that aspect. I will have to make do with a little extra in the PA and a little less in the rig for a while