1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CHAIN

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by GODSBASSMAN, Mar 19, 2009.

1. GODSBASSMAN

GODSBASSMAN

Feb 2, 2005
    S. Carolina
    Onboard preamp goes into amp preamp then to amp circuit. Any ways to eliminate the amp preamp EQ to allow complete uncolored control by bass onboard pre?

2. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    It depends on the amp. If your amp has a post EQ effects loop, you can try plugging into that. Some amps also have a slave output to run to another power amp, and that could work as an inout to the power amp section. That would bypass the entire amp's preamp.

I used to do that with my Trace Elliott combo. I was using just the preamp in the bass, and then using the amp as a power amp.

3. GODSBASSMAN

GODSBASSMAN

Feb 2, 2005
    S. Carolina
    Will try that. Thanks. I would input bass signal direct into "return" on effects loop?
    I see you sell/make neo pups. How would you compare yours to Q tuners?
    Peace. David

4. SGD Lutherie

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Yes.

In my comparisons of the two, mine have more lows and mids, and Q-Tuners sound like single coils in the highs, because it's a side winder design. My current models are humbuckers, but they still get good high end response. So I'd say my pickups are warmer sounding, while still being natural and clear sounding.

I have sound clips here: Passive and Active Neos

That's the pickups passive and then through an EMG BTC preamp.

I have a side winder design coming out soon that will have more of a single coil tone while having a fuller low end than the Q-Tuners.

5. GODSBASSMAN

GODSBASSMAN

Feb 2, 2005
    S. Carolina
    IMO they sound smoother, also. They do sound very good.

6. SGD Lutherie

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Thanks!

7. :eek: They might just have to go into my second Bass :)