1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cheap 5-string pickups for Agile SX (Jazz) that will make a HUGE difference?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Tylenol Jones, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Tylenol Jones

Tylenol Jones

Apr 22, 2014
    I have an Rondo Agile SX 5-string Jazz bass that I'd like to improve, but please realize we're talking about an instrument that cost me $90, so spending $100-200 on pickups isn't something I'd be too keen on.

I was thinking of Seymour Duncan SJ5 67/70 pickups but they're too expensive at $130 for the set.

The type of music I plan on playing is classic rock, but mostly Blues, with some old Motown-type stuff.

The amp I will be using is a Bassman TV 15.

I appreciate any and all recommendations. :)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  2. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member Commercial User

May 17, 2005
    Bend, Oregon
    Contact Jason at bassstringsonline.com and see what he can do for you regarding the Seymour Duncan SJ5 67/70 pickups.

3. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    It is hard to get a good pickup new for less that $50 each but if you want to keep the cost down then check out GFS pickups. Haven't tried them but they are inexpensive. Or check ebay for a good used set.

4. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    yeah the GFS Pups may be your ticket. How much is set of Dimarzio Pups? I wonder, People forget how good they sound.