1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cheap Home Mixer/Recorder

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Petary791, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I want a cheap, small mixer/recorder for my house. My friend has one that I really like, but it's Behringer. I refuse to buy Behringer. If I could hook it up to my computer, that would be cool. I'm a total newb to this, so I don't know much. Thanks for the help!

-Peter

2. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I have a Soundcraft CompAct 4 mixer (http://www.soundcraft.com/product_sheet.asp?product_id=121). It was designed with hooking up to a computer in mind. I dig it. The only thing I wish it had, feature wise, was an aux send or two (it does have effect insert points), but this isn't a huge issue with me as I do most of my effects processing with software plugins in my DAW. I think I paid $120 or so for it.

The Yamaha MG mixers are well thought of, so you may look into those as well. I think the cheapest MG goes for about $100 at various online stores.

3. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    Check out the Mackie Onyx mixers, several different sizes and can be hooked into a compy as an interface of sorts.

Mackie