Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

check this out

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jazzin', Jul 13, 2004.

1. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

this is crazy, the guitar is self tuning.

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Different, to say the least.

3. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

I just made a mess in my pants watching that video.

4. Samurai

Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    California
    Oh no, oh no, Manring is gonna go nuts with that.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That might be a pain in the butt to restring, and setups must be a bit more complicated. But that is just sooooo sweet.

6. Samurai

Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    California
    On the site it says its just as quick to restring. It also says it's about $4000.

7. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    those have been out for quite a while. Jimmy page seems to be the only guy using one. The last time i checked theyd only put them in like les pauls and tele's or sumthing. They are a really cool idea that is waaay too evasive and expensive to ever ever ever catch on. Ive only ever seen jimmy use one once on a live concert. They have to route a ton of wood out of your guitar to put it in also.

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Lot of routing in the back though.

9. Samurai

Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    California
    As far as switching strings goes, you pretty much can't. When you order this you tell them which strings and gauges you will be using.

10. i saw that about a year ago...i remember i wrote to the guy to see what can be done to a bass. i think he said they didn't have one for bass yet. i don't remember though. anyways, i usually only do standard and drop d tuning.

I was about an inch from buying one, until i found out they weren't for bass, and it ends up costing about $1,000 after its completly done (the way i would have it at least ;) )

but i think thats a great idea (especially for manring!!!!)

Charlie

11. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I seem to remember Gibson producing a Jimmy Page signature model that included this system a couple of years ago.

Guitarist Pete Cosey would really be able to do some interesting things with such a guitar.