1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Check this shizzle

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rporcupine, Apr 10, 2006.

1. rporcupine

rporcupine

Jun 7, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    I love her :eek: (my new EBS HD350)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sexxy

that EBS blue on black paint job is soooooo cool.

3. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Yeah man... great piece of gear. Enjoy!

You won't believe how good that compressor is... and the 'tube emulation' control is wonderful!

K

4. rporcupine

rporcupine

Jun 7, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    yeah i know i tried it on an EBS neo 4x10 in the shop, however.. im saving for a ebs classic 4x10 which will cost £500...

and i have no speaker to play it on... how **** is that? am borrowing a crappy laney on wednesday though

5. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Man, that's like having a new car and no gas:crying:

You will very much enjoy when you get your full rig together.

If EBS ever came out with a reasonably light, 2 rack space 500 watt amp into 4ohms, I'd be back in a big way!

K

6. rporcupine

rporcupine

Jun 7, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    ebs hd650?

7. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Been there, done that... very disappointing. Three rack spaces, another $800 more than the 350, and less than 100 more watts into 4 ohms... not good IMO:meh: I didn't hear ANY difference in the sound.. in many ways, I liked the 350 better.

8. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    I think your gonna love the Henry ... best cab I've ever used!

9. rporcupine

rporcupine

Jun 7, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    really? i just dunno if i can stretch to that cash, its £800 over in the uk, seems like everything is half price in the US. HOWEVER the new ebs classic 410 is only £500, which is pretty damn good, any opinions? seeing as an avatar 410 is £400.. its probably worth stretching a little bit further for something 5 times better

10. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

I've always been a fan of matching head and cab manufacturers when possible. While some combinations of different manufacturers gear sounds great, other times it doesn't work.

I'd go with the EBS cab if I were you. Make SURE to get a 4ohm cab (if you get a single large cab). Even though the EBS350 is a loud 350 watts, it's still a relatively low powered amp, and you are going to want get all the power out of it you can.

11. rporcupine

rporcupine

Jun 7, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    ok thanks, it can handle 2 ohms though, which means 4 cabs?

12. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

The 350 is recommended for 4ohm operation, but is 'safe' at 2ohms... although it won't put out any more power at 2ohms than 4ohms.

So, your optimum cab configuration is either one larger 4 ohm cab (like a 410) or two smaller 8ohm cabs (like two 112 cabs), which will result in a total load of 4ohms.

The good news about the 350 running safely at 2ohms is that on those rare occasions where you might need more than a single large 4ohm cab, you could add another 4ohm cab, resulting in a total load of 2ohms.

13. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    After hearing Vic's HD350 at my GTG, I just had to pick one up for myself. Very nice amp! :)

Tom.