1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cheeky CL Troll Thread

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by PaulCISSA, Aug 14, 2019 at 2:01 PM.

1. PaulCISSA

PaulCISSA Securing your world, one byte at a time. Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Northest New Jersey
    I found this amusing for so many reasons that i had to share. The amusement level made me pick the Humor category. Mods - feel free to move if you feel compelled. Otherwise enjoy the yuks. I wonder if the band name is "Grumpy Old Men"?

Bassist wanted for Hard Rock/Metal band

2. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

For posterity:
    Bassist wanted for Hard Rock/Metal band (Hamburg)

Bassist needed for Hard Rock / metal band. Looking to go on tour. No one under 30 years old please. We don't want to waste our time with young people who waste everyone's time. the music is new so you have to come out and meet us and we'll show you the music. We will not send anything because we do not have anything and even if we did we want to meet you first. We are all seasoned veterans with much touring experience and recording experience. Some of us have been on labels before so we're not looking for people who are not seasoned veterans. You must be a seasoned veteran. Know your chords scales and keys. Please do not call if you are not someone who does not know any notes on your neck.

I'm not sure what the poster means by that triple negative in the last sentence. :p

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Mr_Moo likes this.
  3. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    "Looking to go on tour" and "the music is new," but "We will not send anything because we do not have anything."

Good luck with that.

BassCliff and 4 Strings Good like this.
  4. bass40hz

bass40hz Cigar smoker, scotch drinker, American Patriot Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Sussex County, NJ
    no endorsements yet...Are you listening Spector, DR, GK, Line6?
    Hey I live about 15 minutes from there, I should contact them...or maybe my band actually posted that! LOL...
    Rock on.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019 at 12:06 PM
    Mr_Moo, chuckNC, jchrisk1 and 5 others like this.
  5. danesdad

danesdad

Feb 24, 2018
    Western PA
    "We'll show you the music."

"We wont send anything because we don't have anything."

6. Don't call if you know the notes on your neck. Or have good grammar. :laugh:

Mr_Moo, BassCliff and Winslow like this.
  7. Well it IS Hamburg!
    People form Pittsburgh are called Pittsburgers. Do you know what people from Hamburg are called?
    Germans

Holdsg likes this.
  8. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Lost Wages, Nevada
    Well, I guess I'm out. I just checked my neck, and - some hair and a small mole; but, no notes..:( Just as well; I don't want to commute to the East Coast, anyway...:whistle:

9. Beej

Beej

Feb 10, 2007
    Victoria, BC
    looks like its been edited now...

TolerancEJ likes this.
  10. This is the current edited CL advertisement.

"Bassist needed for Hard Rock / metal band. Looking to go on tour. The music is new so you have to come out and meet us and we'll show you the music. We don't want tosend anything because we want to meet you first. We are all seasoned veterans with much touring experience and recording experience. Some of us have been on labels before. Please be a seasoned veteran. Know your chords scales and keys if possible."

Beej likes this.