Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cheryl Crow on Billboard Music Awards

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I saw Cheryl Crow on bass with a guitarist whose name I forgot. I've seen Cheryl Crow on bass before but her bass was audible on this show and I enjoyed her playing. She won't scare Mike Pope or Richard Bona, but she definitely has a feel for the instrument, and she played some nice fills. She also sings and plays as well as anyone I have seen.

2. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    and she tends to have pretty good taste in basses. I've seen her with a cool old Kay bass and the Guild that she uses a lot. I'm quite certain that messr's Pope and Bona will never scare Ms. Crow in the mansion owning or record sales game.

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    She had the Guild last night on that show. It looked light a short scale bass.

4. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    When I first saw Cheryl Crow playing bass I thought "Why ?" as she had previously played guitar in her band when I saw video of her playing live.

At about the same time I saw Bryan Adams playing bass live and questioned the same thing. With Bryan Adams, he downsized his band from 5 piece to 3 and I questioned if there was an economic incentive.