Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chorus Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jeff Haley, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I have never used effects but I just bought a Carl Martin compressor and I would like to add a chorus or chorus flange. I am considering the Fulltone, EBS, Carl Martin. Any suggestions.

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I really liked the Maxon CS-9 when I tried it at a store, much more so than the EBS. Very warm, slighty compresses the tone on some settings, and keeps the low end intact. Nice!

[​IMG]

On the cheapers side of things, I am really impressed with the older 18v Danelectro Coolcat. Almost sounds analog. Make sure you get the 18v, not the newer 9v. Those suck.

3. The Dano Cool Cat sounds analog, because it IS analog. Another inexpensive analog chorus is the old Boss ce-2b (Bass Chorus, the brown one). They usually show up on ebay for under $40.

-Steve

4. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    When I bought my Fulltone Bass Drive last week, I demo'd a Fulltone ChoralFlange. This pedal blew away everything else I've tried, to date! I liked it better than the TC Electronic and EBS chorus pedals, and that says a lot!:D

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Another vote for the 18V Danelectro Cool Cat.

6. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    The Boss Bass Chorus works well for me. You have the option of applying the effect to your entire signal, or just applying the effect to the mids and highs, leaving the lows intact and unchorused for a solid bottom.

7. Anyone using a Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus?