Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chorus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fenderbassabuse, Apr 11, 2004.

1. My bass teacher tells me to buy a chorus pedal and use it when I play slap. To me, that would sound very 80's, and it could get very muddy. Does anyone here use chorus on slap lines?

2. I do, its all in how you have the chorus levels set; but then I like chorus alot,shoot who am i kidding, i am an effects nut.....

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I very rarely use effects on slap, chorus is more for fretless (for me).

4. Cool, thanks. What is a high quality chorus pedal for around £100?

5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

EBS UniChorus has kept me happy for a couple of years. Besides the high-quality chorus, it has an "okay" flanger. I liked it better than the Boss chorus I sent back to the store. Plus, it has an analog signal processor.

It may be cheaper for you than it was for me, (me being in the US), since EBS is a Swedish company.

6. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    rickbass, how much was the Boss Chorus?

~Graeme

7. BassistJ

BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    Chorus can be used for alot more then thin, "swimy" kinda things. My band just finished up our new album, and on a majority of the songs our producer put a lil' bit of chorus on my Sansamp effected output, and it REALLY brought out the tone. Now I can get nasty, growly tone without overly annoying treble clank. Really an eye-opener. You could'nt tell it was there is ya were'nt listening for it.