Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Christmas tree debate

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jobu3, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Colored lights only.

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. Clear lights only.

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  3. Both.

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Only on the Christmas tree inside...
    I'm partial to colored myself or both... My G/F likes clear which I think is just blah. :meh:

2. Color inside (on the tree), clear outside (roof/bushes/etc)

3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I like clear or colored on the outside... It depends on the set up of the house I guess. ;)

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah I feel the same way. They have a certain simple elegance...if that word can be used in reference to Christmas trees...

brad cook

5. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Colored lights both inside and out. IMO it's a bit more festive - and no icicle lights for me. I use the old giant bulbs outside.

6. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    we have chili pepper lights!!!!

7. Yes, and it gives the impression of ice on the tree.

Colored lights that blink and strung around the perimeter of the ceiling of a finished basement look great and give you a real Christmasy feel when you're watching TV or listening to the radio. :cool:

Mike ;)

8. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I'm a color-light person for Indoor Christmas trees but I have a caveat. I get the multi-function colored light sets, you know the ones that have "28 exciting patterns of blinking and flashing". But if you hunt through the patterns you can often find 2 or 3 that will cycle through the colors so that there aren't 5 different colors on all at once. The set we have now has a great pattern where the colors fade between each other which is very subtle yet still colorfull. But this opinion is also based on our tree with all of the kitchy christmas tree ornaments, Looney Tunes, Elves on Tonka Trucks, etc. If you''ve got a more high class decor (we will once the kids are older) then I love it when they use one color of lights and those color balanced decorations, You know, the colored bows and balls and what not.

9. unregistered

unregistered unregistered

Jun 18, 2004
    get the cool new LED tree lights, they use a fraction of the power and dont get hot.

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    My ex had those in her bedroom. She's a huge RHCP fan.

Yeah clear is classier looking, but this is a season for joy, not snooty rich people eating caviar being driven aroun din their Rolls Royce.

I say toss every light you can find on their. That means all colors and different blinking speeds and shapes and whatever.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Spoken like a true Griswald.

brad cook

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    My theory is, if it gives passerby seisures, you've done something right.