1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chuck Israel's Mic - Initial review by the 'Gear Junkie'.

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by rickwolff, Mar 29, 2018.

1. rickwolff

rickwolff ..Gear & Tone Junkie.. .3M Dual Lock Endorser Supporting Member

I recently received the Chuck Israel Signature Mic from Peter and Leonard Axelson.

This is the beginning of the 'Traveling Demo'. (I had meant to post this on that thread but couldn't figure out how to change the heading - has that changed?)

I'm having fun experimenting with this mic. It is designed to drastically reduce any bleed from other extraneous sounds (like your drummer LOL) such that it will work BOTH in a live setting (rare for a microphone) and ALSO to be able to be used in a studio recording with little or no sound baffling. I can tell you that Peter met this design goal in spades - I recorded a clip at a jam last night and the mic pickup up almost NO other instruments or vocals.

Obviously, as a microphone, it is intended to really get MBOL and to do that where other mics can't.

Anyway, I have to run off to a gig, but I am VERY HAPPY with the sound this mic gets from my bass.

UPDATE: AUDIO CLIP TO FOLLOW.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Kristian, Ric Vice, lrhbass and 3 others like this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021