1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CL ATL- Sign me uP!!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by obimark, Oct 25, 2013.

1. obimark

obimark

Sep 1, 2011
    Ad of the day...

"any bassist around that can sing, in a hardcore, rough, growl style, possibly high pitch and scream also?

guitarist here looking to do a project with a bassist for a fast metal band

reply if interested

thanks"

2. deathsdj

deathsdj

Sep 18, 2010
    Wichita, KS
    You guys and your critiquing of CL ads. Whats up with that? Metallica was formed from an add that read "Hard rock /heavy metal drummer looking for people to jam with."

What do you need?

Cheers!

MJW

3. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    My favorite up here in Hartford (this week) was ...

"Trio looking for bass and drums" ... I almost peed my pants laughing.

4. LOL. I just sprayed my screen with orange juice - thatÂ’s to funny.

Thanks for sharing. :)

5. obimark

obimark

Sep 1, 2011
    The" high-pitched screaming and growling "part cracks me up- got no issue with that Metallica ad- YOu are comparing apples and oranges there my friend. One ad is retarded the other is not.

6. +1, yeah that got a chuckle out of me at first too, but then I starting thinking about it and I understood they want someone who can make lots of hi/low pitched noise. :D Thanks for sharing. :)

7. dminer

dminer

Nov 26, 2007
    Gotta love Atlanta cl.... I saw this add under musical instruments and had to admire the style of it!

Full Ampeg bass rig - $600 (Marietta)
    For sale:

Ampeg V4B bass head- all tube. look it up.
    2- Ampeg 1x15 cabs
    Cables to hook it all up

You want thunder? I got thunder. This is an excellent rig but I gotta tell you...

If you're one of those smooth cats that wears their bass way up high and throws down the sickest grooves since James Jamerson, I love you brother, but this rig aint for you.

Jazz guys...this rig doesn't do smooth, spacey, chill, or groovy.

Christian rockers...ummm...yeah. ok.

Now if you're the guy who can't remember the last time he washed his hair and you just got done pounding 10 cans of Old Milwaukee and rub bin your junk all over some skank's ass crack even after she told you she had herpes and now you're on your way to the stage of some **** dive like the Star Bar to open for Dixie Witch or Red Fang...you might wanna come check this thing out.

It growls. Loudly. And that's all it does. No concept of subtlety, dynamics, texture, or nuance, just loud as the apocalypse and twice as ugly, all day, every day.

I'm too old to rock this **** anymore. Its kinda sad really. It needs someone younger to spill beer on it while slaying ass and dropping panties.

8. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem.

I've read CL in lots of cities. Atlanta has certainly brought me an inordinate amount of entertainment since I moved here.

9. Space Pickle

Space Pickle

Apr 15, 2013
    AW YEAH

SLAYIN PANTIES ALL DAY LONG BABY

uh

wait

10. deathsdj

deathsdj

Sep 18, 2010
    Wichita, KS
    Maybe if your an old coot. :spit:

And no I'm not comparing apples and oranges but you already know that... :smug:

Cheers!

MJW

11. obimark

obimark

Sep 1, 2011
    Ha HA- Yeah there is another dude in ATL selling a Markbass 115 cab- the really old model( when they first came out), it looks super used- For $650!!
    Real nice, since you could buy a new markbass 115 for $499.