Climate Change

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rutkn, Jan 14, 2006.

1. rutkn

Jan 12, 2006
    Hey you no how some people say you shouldnt take your bass out when the temperture changes heaps. Im really paranoid about this with my new Stingray. Can somesome tell me how much different the temperture has to change before it affects my bass. And also if i turn on my air conditioner is that goin to affect it.

2. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    lol no your air conditioner should not affect it unless it's super duper powered and get go from 100 degress farenheit to 0 degrees in 5 seconds.

be careful with it though. i store mine in a case at the end of each day, or if i know i'm not gonna play it again for awhile.

i had mine shipped from California to the suburbs of Chicago. it's in great condition. one thing though, if you take it outside and the temp in your house differs significantly from that of outside, then let it acclimate. if it's out in the cold for awhile, bring it inside and let it sit inside the sealed case for like 3 hours. if you don't you risk screwing the bass up.
  3. g00ey you treat your bass like fish :)

You'd probably want to worry more about humidity changes if anything. My advice would be in the winter you might want to keep your bass in the case if you don't have a humidifier. Since your guitar is made out of wood it can crack if it gets too dry. Yes your air conditioning unit affects humidity