"Clipping" in PC Recording....

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by o0obruceleeo0o, Mar 7, 2004.

1. o0obruceleeo0o

o0obruceleeo0o

Nov 21, 2003
    Oxford, NC
    I am very new to recording music, and even more so with computers, so there may be a very simple solution to this problem. I am using Cakewalk Home Studio 2004, and I have a SB16 sound card (which may be the problem; it was very cheap). Right now, I just run the cable directly from my bass to the sound card with a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. It sounds ok when I play through the computer while not recording, but when I record and play back it is very choppy :(. If anyone has any advice I would love to try anything :). Also, the adapter I am using is really old, could that cause the problem? Thanks in advance for any replies :)

2. o0obruceleeo0o

o0obruceleeo0o

Nov 21, 2003
    Oxford, NC
    Well... somehow in my messing around with it, I blew my two right speakers (was recording in mono because I guess my sound card cant record in stereo).... I am going to give up on pc recording, and maybe buy the Porta 02 MKII Portastudio or the one just like it, but without the simultanious recording capability....