Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Clipping" in PC Recording....

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by o0obruceleeo0o, Mar 7, 2004.

1. o0obruceleeo0o

o0obruceleeo0o

Nov 21, 2003
    Oxford, NC
    I am very new to recording music, and even more so with computers, so there may be a very simple solution to this problem. I am using Cakewalk Home Studio 2004, and I have a SB16 sound card (which may be the problem; it was very cheap). Right now, I just run the cable directly from my bass to the sound card with a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. It sounds ok when I play through the computer while not recording, but when I record and play back it is very choppy :(. If anyone has any advice I would love to try anything :). Also, the adapter I am using is really old, could that cause the problem? Thanks in advance for any replies :)

2. o0obruceleeo0o

o0obruceleeo0o

Nov 21, 2003
    Oxford, NC
    Well... somehow in my messing around with it, I blew my two right speakers (was recording in mono because I guess my sound card cant record in stereo).... I am going to give up on pc recording, and maybe buy the Porta 02 MKII Portastudio or the one just like it, but without the simultanious recording capability....