1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club F-Bass!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Quadzilla, May 17, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Since every other bass maker / manufacture has a "club" thread out here, I figured why not F-Bass?

Here are mine. An early example - a 1990 F-Bass BN4 (not very pretty for an F-Bass, but my favorite bass in my arsenal to play) and my 2005 F-Bass BN5 (very sweet)! Let's see and hear about your F-Basses! I can claim to be member #1 so nah nah nah nah nahhh nahhhhhh! :spit: ;) :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Count me in! Here is my BN4:

145_4515.

145_4517.

And ironically, I have a BN5 on order that will be very similar to yours! :D

FingerDub and J.J. like this.
  3. Btone

Btone

May 5, 2001
    tombowlus, my pants are all wet. Sorry.

I'm F-bass Club wannabeez member #1.

4. Here's my 2

5. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    This thread might do me some damage.

6. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I want an Al Caron sig BIG time!

7. Yes you do! I almost sold this peach awhile back, but bit the bullet, and I'm so glad I did. BTW, I believe that is your Accugroove behind the Caron. How is it working for you?

8. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Oh man it's killer! I was surprised how different it is than the "Sr." Whappo. I definitely prefer this one to be quite honest. Much tighter in the low-end and a lot more punchy. Running my Q5--> WT800B through it is pretty much dreamy! :)

9. puff father

puff father Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    I've plastered this thing all over TB, but, why not...?

I love my F:

BN5Auburn007. BN5AuburnBK65.

BN5FrtCrop50.

J.J. likes this.
  10. My current '91 oil-finished swamp ash/maple/wenge/ebony F from the days when their top-of-the-line instruments were neck-through. George claims that the current bolt-ons sound better (of course), but I've played at least a dozen of em and not one had the expressive tone, growl, or sustain of the old neck-throughs, though they were all suburb instruments in their own right.

FBass9902sm.

FBass9904sm.

I play fretless exclusively nowadays, so I sold off both of the old fretted Fs below years ago. I ordered the first one custom, and George really pulled out all the stops, including a super-comfortable arched body (front and back) and a custom quick-release mod for the Goto bridge. They don't make em like that anymore!

These photos are from the Bunny Bass archives. There are a few more pics and specs if anyone is interested. It won their "Dream Bass" award. :cool: Can't say that I really miss it because I have no use for it, but it sure was a sweet bass, though kind of large for my tastes.

fbasscustom_whole.

fbasscustom_back.

fbasscustom_bridge.

fbasscustom_pickup.

Fbass1.

Fbass2.

An even older oiled neck-through F; my first. Note the non-modded Goto bridge.

oldf2.

J.J. likes this.
  11. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

My old one (pictured at the beginning of the thread) has a Gotoh bridge as well. Maybe mine is older than 1990 I was told it was a 1990 by the previosu owner)? Mine passive as well...

12. The last two digits of the serial number denote the year the bass was built. You can find the number inside the control cavity.

13. Is anyone else getting a pop up window to log into Bunnybass.com when they click on this thread? (probably something to do with the photos)

14. I agree. I have an 80s fretless fiver that smokes all the newer Fbass fretlesses that I have tried. Nice oil finish and neckthrough. Not as visually striking as the newer ones but still perty. George told me along time ago that he was moving to bolt on because the market was moving to that sound and he was getting alot of requests.

J.J. likes this.
  15. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Yes. :scowl:

16. Sorry Guys - Changed the Bunny Bass pics to my own image host. That should get rid of the pop up.

17. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada

I used to won an older passive F also. The date it came out the factory should writen inside the control plate.

18. Thank you!

19. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Here are my two. Both get equal amounts of attention but the Black BN5 is the fingertone monster and the Sunburst GFC L-5 is the slapping machine...sounds KILLER! The GFC is heavier Ash and pickup placement is a little different plus it's easier to slap on.

5-07031a.

J.J. likes this.
  20. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    +1 :hyper:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.