1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sadowsky!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Dec 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    My 60th lap around the sun is coming up next month. I really don't need another Sadowsky, but I should commemorate it somehow... ;)

FunkSheep08, jmain, R&B and 12 others like this.
  2. mmbass21

mmbass21 Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Florida
    Thank you satin owners for your responses. Certainly helping my decision going forward.

GeorgeBassPlay and kobass like this.
  3. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    Do it! I plan to shed the collection less maybe 2 or 3 models when I get there. My current guitarist is 62 though and never sounded better.

R&B and kobass like this.
  4. k0brakai

k0brakai

Oct 14, 2018
    Ontario, Canada
    I have nothing interesting to say but I want to say it nevertheless.... I've been using my Metro RV4 for a few months now and I really really love that neck PU. Overall, that bass sounds so good in every situation, it's incredible. I don't even need to dial with the preamp that much. I was bothered by the wider string spacing but now that i'm used to it, I even feel like i'm playing "better"..... I guess a 5 string is now on my list....

Sadowsky, FunkSheep08, kevk and 4 others like this.
  5. Nomogram

Nomogram

Sep 30, 2015
    Central Illinois
    I agree with Sadowsky Steve - the Satins don't show fingerprints at all, so that's a plus.

I've got hundreds of hours and probably 50 club gigs on my first Satin, which is Dark Lake Placid Blue. It is starting to gloss a little bit on the body edge where my right forearm rubs. It's not something anyone's going to notice from the audience, but yeah, it's noticeable if you hold it under light and look for it.

I like the feel of the Satin body better. I like the look of a gloss finish a little better, but Satin is cool too, and it doesn't show fingerprints.

What makes my two Satins lifetime basses are the incredible build quality, sound, and light weight.

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Congrats! I hit that milestone last month, young man. ;)

R&B, Joeykun, Joelc73 and 4 others like this.
  7. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Happy belated birthday!!! :thumbsup:

Fuzzbass, Spidey2112 and kevk like this.
  8. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Nomogram and Joeykun like this.
  9. kevk

kevk Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Napa Valley
    July for me...the youngster. Congrats to both my fellow ‘59er Sadowsky peeps! Oh, and I’d suggest joining me in buying something Sadowsky to commemorate ...coffee mug, t-shirt...or new bass?! :thumbsup::)

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    kobass, Fuzzbass and Spidey2112 like this.
  10. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Happy birthday, @kobass!

(In case I forget)

kobass likes this.
  11. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER / KEELEY ELECTRONICS / TEMPLEBOARDS
    I’m also July....57 Year’s young for me. I hope I look as good as Roger at 70 though.... He’s my idol!!!!!

jmain, kobass, Spidey2112 and 4 others like this.
  12. Nomogram

Nomogram

Sep 30, 2015
    Central Illinois
    Action shot from last night. Satin Lake Placid Blue J-Bass. The best bass I've ever played; I am so lucky to have it.

I don't normally wear a hoodie and work boots on stage, but upper-50's with wind gets cold on an elevated stage outdoor. Wool socks, wool leggings... Keep everything else warm and the hands stay warmer too.

Photo by Ted Brewer.

2019-05-10 003 by Ted Brewer.

13. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    The Verdine White basses look great. Are they just a normal Sadowsky PJ or is there something unique about them? I’ve had a couple of NYC PJ’s that were amazing.

14. mmbass21

Dec 10, 2016
    Florida
    20190511_195433. First gig last night with my new to me NYC PJ. Absolutely unreal how next level this bass is live. For the first time the tone I've been hearing in my head came through live.

I also put new blue label nickels on Wed and there was no real break in issues. Never had strings stretch in so fast before and sound great from the get go.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  15. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    They are very nice. I use mine for reggae and it just thumps. I can't compare to the NYC, but compared to a Metro PJ5, I'd go with the Verdine all week. The neck profile of my VW5 seems a little different than my Satin J5 or my Modern 5. Slightly chunkier front to back. I could be wrong but it feels that way. I like the Duncan pups in the VW5 better than the Nordy wound I had on my Metro. The Nordy ones had more immediate beef, the Duncans seem more refined to my ears. Just over 8lbs helps too! Crappy rehearsal shot (and no, I dont leave my instruments resting on a stand like that. this was just for the pic :D)

WD RRSD.

16. mmbass21

Dec 10, 2016
    Florida
    Looks beautiful @gustobassman , I didn't know you could add a pickguard to a VW, I really like that. You bring up an interesting point about the stand, I'm struggling with the stands I currently have. I use the ones you rest the bass on and supports the bottom of the body leaning back on the stand. What stands are you guys using, I don't like how it sits on mine.

17. Omnisphere

Omnisphere

May 7, 2012
    Oakland, CA
    @kevk recommended the D&A Starfish and it works well for my basses, although my NYC UV60 5 string (1 7/8” nut width) just barely fits into the stand’s neck pocket.

kevk likes this.
  18. mmbass21

Dec 10, 2016
    Florida
    Thank you, that looks perfect for my needs. I take it that it's safe for the nitro finish, I think the guards that came with the bass would fit on that stand anyway.

19. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    What kind of a cab is that under that Mesa? Buy the way I LOVE my D-800, Mesa/Sadowsky great combo!

20. Cazman

Cazman Supporting Member

May 9, 2003
    Must be something in the kool-aid. I just hit 59 a couple weeks ago and have begun my quest for my first Sadowsky. I’ll let y’all know what rides to the top.