1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sandberg (part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. nrssab

nrssab

Jun 28, 2006
    Germany
    I must go to Nürnberg soon and visit them. They have one of the best selection of basses I have seen so far. Perhaps in September I'll plan a trip there.
    The Human Base BTM also looks very neat, sadly enough I never played a Human Base but always dreamt of a Jonas Fretless.

Regards.

2. nrssab

nrssab

Jun 28, 2006
    Germany
    Anyone want to join?

3. MartinJ

MartinJ

Feb 21, 2010
    Yep.

MartinJ: Sandberg Panther Special 4 Walnut and Sandberg California JJ 4 Cocobolo

Martin

4. kasbrey

kasbrey

Aug 23, 2002
    York UK
    Ok then

SANDBERGJAZZ.jpg

sandbergs.jpg

jp8848 likes this.
  5. MartinJ

MartinJ

Feb 21, 2010
    A friend of mine just bought a Sandberg Bullet Special 4 Session Edition
    from Session Music in .de. Walnut Body with quilted maple top, matched headstock, two humbuckers with 3-band EQ. Excellent for the music she plays (hard rock, punk).

I'm totally happy with my Cali JJ and the Panther.

MartinJ

6. nrssab

nrssab

Jun 28, 2006
    Germany
    Martin please post some pictures of your Sandberg, I'd like to see your woods.

And Kasbrey please tell me how the colour of you TM4 is named, I have no clue.

Thanks!

7. kasbrey

kasbrey

Aug 23, 2002
    York UK
    The J(T)M4 is Surf green. :)
    The PM4 is custom shop aged creme

8. MartinJ

MartinJ

Feb 21, 2010
    Here are my two girls:

cali_total.jpg panther_total.jpg
    cali_detail.jpg panther_detail.jpg

Martin

9. nrssab

nrssab

Jun 28, 2006
    Germany
    Thank you Kasbrey and Martin.
    Great colour coises Kasbrey. And Martin those are real beauties! I really like the sound of those Panthers.

New list:

10. MartinJ

MartinJ

Feb 21, 2010
    For decades everyone knew that a bass called "PM" has a split coil pickup in front and a humbucker at the bridge. A "JJ" has two singlecoils, a "MM" two humbuckers.

So a modern Sandberg "Bullet PM" has a splitcoil and a humbucker, and has nothing to do with a bass Fender produces, even if the Fender has the same pickup arrangement. Why this sudden new nomenclature?

I just don't get it...

Martin

11. rulyongo

rulyongo

May 5, 2011
    Carolina, PR
    They changed the name models a couple of months ago check it out:

new model names

12. nrssab

nrssab

Jun 28, 2006
    Germany
    I understand your questioning. I also prefer the old nomenclature. Sadly enough there is nothing one can do, Fender complained and provoked this change for good.

13. Oooohh those are a nice pair MartinJ... i got a few words to say about those basses....

OMM NOM NOM NOM :ninja:

14. Oh please brother, have her review it on Talkbass! I've been wanting the exact same one for a while now but am unable to test drive her. Is your friend on Talkbass?

Thx, Sublab.

15. HerbDorklift

HerbDorklift

Aug 30, 2011
    New here, first post...

Tis an MM2 Custom Shop jobbie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Let's hear some reviews of you proud and happy Sandberg owners. Tell us what you like most about your Sandberg and why you chose Sandberg above other brands. I've played a PM5 and an JM 5, both excellent players and lots of tonal variety. But I'm more interested in the Basic Ken Taylors and the Bullets, especially the Bullet with the twin humbuckers. Either way, let's hear how you feel about the preamp on your particular Sandberg, how its tone compares to other Sandbergs you've tried, or other basses of any brand. Let's hear why you chose a California, a Bullet, a Basic or any other owned by any of you guys here on Talkbass and how your bass suits your (band) needs. I'm looking forward to getting my first Sandberg in a while, but I'm still torn between all the possibilities possible.

So, let's hear it! :bassist:

17. parker 71

parker 71

Dec 23, 2009
    Serbia
    Can I use this one for hard rock?
    I don't know much about this model (think that is previos Panther) and it's not close to my town, but price is ok and I like it visualy. So, can somebody help with some info before I go and try it.
    Cheers

[​IMG]

18. sysexguy

sysexguy

Jul 10, 2007
  19. nrssab

nrssab

Jun 28, 2006
    Germany
    Get it, no question. Very special bass, I have never seen any alike before but from the bridge system one can tell that it's a series of custom basses Sandberg brought out. I will gladly contact Sandberg to find out more about that bass.

Tone wise you have a Ash body a Humbucker and 3-Band EQ. Very similar to my Terrabass, punchy Musicman I would say. Ideal for rock or metal of any sort. Of course with the 3-Band EQ you have a huge variety of sound, the nice thumbrest on the bass will also give you so many comfortable plucking positions which give the bass a completely different sound.

I just saw the price and other fotos on the website and you can't do anything wrong there, if you have the money and opportunity go check if it's working and get it. Then, if you live in Belgrade I would be happy to meet you sometime and try the bass out. If I had the money I would buy it myself. Perhaps you won't like it and I buy it of you next year. :D

Keep me up to date on the bass. I will write Sandberg an email asking for more information about that bass, but a response might take more than a week.
    Amazing bass, lucky you if you are getting it!

Regards!

20. parker 71

parker 71

Dec 23, 2009
    Serbia
    @nrssab
    Hey buddy, thanks for quick answer :).
    First of all, I thinking to sell my Ibanez to make some money, then eventually to buy this Sandberg... So, it won't be so quickly and theres your chance :). By the way, this bass is on craig list for months. And most of people go after Fender and rest well known guitars...
    If you get answer from Sandberg let me know what they say. I'm really interested and if I make money soon I gonna go for it. But, everything is stop here with buying/selling these days...
    You're more than welcome to wisit. I'm not in Belgrade but not far, obout 65km, so we can meet and look for some fun. Belgrade is cool place and everybodys are welcome.
    (My english is kinda cheyene english but I hope that we understanded each other)
    Cheers