1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sandberg (part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    My 'Berg and LMII/Schroder cab make a great combo and I play the genres you mention

2. faulknersj

faulknersj Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Scottsdale Az
    Anyone have a California VM Supreme? I am interested in feedback on one of these. subscribed.

Attached Files:

3. cozmic

cozmic

Aug 8, 2002
    Germany
    Look what BTM-Guitars in Fürth just got delivered.

sandberg_jm_v_lpb_1210.jpg

A Sandberg California TM5 Supreme in Lake Placid Blue! :eek:

What a beauty! I want one!!!:D

jp8848 likes this.
  4. cozmic

cozmic

Aug 8, 2002
    Germany
    I am testing several options myself right now, because I am looking for something lightweight. I mostly use a modified Hartke 3500 and a 4.5XL (the real deal, not the chinese trash they sell these days, btw. the actual model is much smaller than my original 4.5) and I love how the GE5950 tube I implanted into the Hartke tames the sometimes snappy highs of the sandberg. Most of the solid state preamps I tested did not and sounded to pragmatic(?) or let´s say neutral to me. I like it, when the preamp colours the signal a little, like Aguilar or Ampeg do. I love the SWR sound, but I cannot get it to work with my sandberg, it just sounds to clean or analytical to me, as does Tecamp. Markbass LM Tube was nice, but imho the inluence of the tube was very small.

Maybe I´ll end up with Markbass for portability...

5. mentalpatient

mentalpatient Banned

Jun 23, 2009
    mental institutionzs
    Look into the Glock Soul II, solid state and not that heavy with the nicest gain you will hear from any solid state amp. Soul + Bergantino cabinets will walk over Markbass.

6. mentalpatient

mentalpatient Banned

Jun 23, 2009
    mental institutionzs
    Just ordered a most awesome Sandberg, Basic 5, one humbucker, mahogany with flamed maple rare wood top, blackburst, matching headstock, ebony fingerboard, no pickguard, black hardware. You read it correctly, blackburst on flamed maple, can't wait to see it in a few months. Should look like the flamed maple blackburst in the Basic Ken Taylor gallery. Pictures up when I get it.

Another most awesome find are these California signature models :

Rammstein World - Matériel de Oliver "Ollie" Riedel

7. Klonk

Klonk

Apr 28, 2011
    Norway
    /drool.. I got one in black, but blue wasn't shabby either ;)

8. rulyongo

rulyongo

May 5, 2011
    Carolina, PR
    Love the Rammstein basses!!!

9. Come on you guys, someone must have a Sandberg Bullet! I want one but I wanna hear owner's opinions! Even if you've just seen one live, tell me! :hyper:

10. nrssab

nrssab

Jun 28, 2006
    Germany
    Bullets are niceee. I played a fretless Booster and a special version with a single humbucker. The body shape looks good and is very comfortable. The sound is typical Sandberg, like the Baiscs clear and punchy. Pretty much everything is possible with them.

Regards.

11. rulyongo

rulyongo

May 5, 2011
    Carolina, PR
    Sounds good!

12. nrssab

nrssab

Jun 28, 2006
    Germany
    Your a great bassist! The Sandberg sounds great and one can see that the action is nice and low making it super comfortable to play. All in all one can learn a lot from you, very nice and smooth playing. Your hand is always relaxed and you use all fingers appropriately. Good technique, I bet like that you can keep on playing for hours and hours.
    Keep it up and don't stop posting vids or pics.

Regards.

13. [​IMG]

Those boys at BTM have been at it again..

Black and maple used this pretty requires me to change pants.

14. nrssab

nrssab

Jun 28, 2006
    Germany
    Owww darn a MM California. I think I'll have to visit them sometime soon. They even got a 25th Anniversary like that:

[​IMG]

So many frets :eek: looks sick!

15. rulyongo

rulyongo

May 5, 2011
    Carolina, PR
    Black 'n' maple sweetness!!!

16. blackybasser

blackybasser

Feb 15, 2010
    Germany
    BTM Guitars is NOT in Fürth! It's located in Nürnberg...
    Sorry, I'm a klugscheißer:D And it's my favorite Shop:rolleyes:
    BTW, nice Bass!

17. nrssab

nrssab

Jun 28, 2006
    Germany
    Are you from Nürnberg? Will you take me to BTM when I get there? I just saw what amazing selection of Basses they have.

Regards!

18. blackybasser

blackybasser

Feb 15, 2010
    Germany
    I'm sorry but I live near Regensburg, so I only get to the shop twice a month... It's about one and a half hour to drive, but it's worth it!!!
    They have some really really good instruments especially their Human Base BTM model which is just amazing... And a friend of mine just bought one of the Sandberg BTM fivestring models for some kind of RATM Crossover Music and it's killer;) and the used Hotwire on their website is mine:smug: the employees are also cool guys!

19. nrssab

nrssab

Jun 28, 2006
    Germany
    I found the right Bullet for you: HERE

It's a special one with two Humbuckers. I bet it's great.