1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Coca-Mocha? Mocha-Cola?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fuzzbass, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

http://www.coca-colablak.com/us/index.jsp

A coworker brought some in to work yesterday. $5 for four 8 oz bottles... ouch!! But he let us all sample some.

Now, I've been pi$$ed off since Vanilla Coke was discontinued. I'm down to my last 12 pack of the stuff.

My conclusion: Coke Blak is tasty, but won't replace Vanilla Coke as my soft drink of choice. Problem is it's very strong, which likely explains the 8 oz bottles: I'm not sure I could deal with more than 8 oz at a sitting... especially not at current prices. :meh: However I'm thinking a CocaMocha float using vanilla ice cream would totally rock.

Anyone else try this stuff yet?

2. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    You're the only other person I've 'met' who adored Vanilla Coke. How I yearn for its sweet taste :(

I've found it is fairly reproducable with a 2l bottle of Diet Coke and some vanilla essence, though.

3. Coke Blak = Caca cola

Another genius move by marketing. I don't know how CCE has managed to finally post dividends with choices like this. I give it a year on the outside before it disappears.

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Vanilla Coke rocked!

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I was a vanilla coke fan as well. I always ordered them at Sonic before Coke actually started selling it and now that's usually where I go to get one once again.

bc

6. padgettohio

padgettohio

Apr 13, 2006
    Cincinnati
    I'm a huge fan of Vanilla-coke, but I hated the actual bottled product from Coca-cola. I didn't think it tasted half as good as if you were to buy it from a restaurant that added the syrup to the soft drink. It seemed like it was missing something. Others probably felt the same way, judging by the lack of sales. I'm assuming that's why Coca-cola dropped it.

They should stop into one the Big Boy franchises up here in Cincy, by the name of "Frisch's". Now they know how to make a vanilla coke!!! If Coca-cola copied that recipe, it'd be sure to sell.

And don't get me started on Vanilla Pepsi (or Pepsi Vanilla). That name doesn't even sound right, let alone the taste....

7. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    But it's "sophisticated" ;)

Gotta love those marketing guys... 'Coke: The thinking man's pop'

8. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Full disclosure, I'm a certified Fender technician working in a music store that carries Fender, Yamaha, and Ibanez products among others.
    I loved Vanilla Coke, I enjoy Black Cherry Vanilla Coke since it started appearing here, and I like the Coke Blak I had over the weekend. I'll probably buy more tonight. Tastes like Oreos, sort of.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Are you serious? Soda pop is getting names as long as those goofy burgers at Jack In The Box. You can order a cheddar ranch bacon supreme double santa fe spicy ciabatta to go with your black cherry vanilla coke. Good thing they still call them just french fries, or you'd spend five minutes placing your order. :D

-Mike

10. Kruton

Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Has anyone tried that Diet Berry & Whatever Dr. Pepper?

11. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I've tried it all Diet Black Cherry Dr Pepper, Black Cherry Vanilla Coke, Lime Coke, Lemon Coke, Cherry Coke, Peach Fresca (that one is REALLY good actually), etc. MOST IMO are WAY to sweet. BC-Vanilla Coke is practically undrinkable to me. I can handle Cherry Coke and Lemon Coke, but the Lime gets old quick, and the Dr Peper is OK, but I can't stand the diet taste.

I actually like the Wild Cherry Pepsi but hate all other forms of Pepsi.

Coke-Blak, I can live without, just like all the other energy drinks, Rock Star, Full Throttle, Red Bull, I'd rather pass out at 6 PM the night before finals than choke one of those things down.

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    It's like $1.50 here in 711

Anyway I didn’t like it that much but I still see vanilla coke around here once in a while... Maybe if i run into one I’ll buy you a 12 pack. :)

13. i was a fan of vanilla coke...it was one coke product i really did like more than than pepsi's equivalent

My girlfriend brought a coka-mocha whatever and it didn't taste that great to me...tasted more like a prank to me ;)

i am interested in that berry dr. pepper though

14. Jason Carota

Jason Carota

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    I was looking forward to Blak, but I was quite disapointed when I tried it last week. Too sweet and syrupy, imo.

15. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    The Berry whatever Dr. Pepper is NASTY. Tasted like a$$. Don't ask me how I know. :p :ninja:

16. babs1234

babs1234

Apr 19, 2006
    PHOENIX, AZ
    i dont even wanna try blak it just doesnt sound too inviting to me and vanilla coke was the best

before you know it theyre going to have petrolium flavored soda,
    classic coca-cola with a smooth motoroil taste

17. babs1234

babs1234

Apr 19, 2006
    PHOENIX, AZ
    dont waste your money its not worth it, plus it tastes nasty

18. i dunno, i like to try new sodas...heck once i even bought a 12 pack of pepsi blue...that takes guts :)

19. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I'll be waiting for Polka-Cola, thank you.

20. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    the berry dr. pepper wasn't that bad...

my favorite soday by far though, is Jones' Bubble Gumm soda. At first it was weird, because I wanted to chew it it tasted so much like bubble gum, but now I chug the stuff it's so good.

How coffe-ish tasting is coke blak?

oh, and coke zero is definately 10000x better than diet coke, and if you add vanilla extract, it tastes just like vanilla coke.

Greg