1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Composing Software

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by SundanceChile, Apr 26, 2006.

1. So here's my dilema. I wrote a piece for my Music Comp class, teach loves it, wants to have the piece preformed by profressional musicians at the local college garden party. Yes, that's cool and all. But so far I've been composing on Guitar Pro 5. I either need a) some way to make the tab NOT print out for the musicians who are going to read it or b) get a program with a digital keyboard option like GP5 seeing as I don't think a USB keyboard is in my current budget. Any suggestions? :confused:

(mods feel free to move accordingly)

2. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Sibelius or Finale. There a freeware version of Finale called Notepad. Both are industry standard, music notation software.

3. Dievs

Dievs

Jun 16, 2005
    First; I am fairly sure that there has to be a way to set up GuitarPro printing so that tabs are ommitted.
    Second - since you have already input the notes, and probably don't want to repeat the effort, try exporting the notes from guitarpro to MIDI files, and then opening them with Finale Notepad or something like that.

4. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    If you can't turn off tab printing (there has to be an option somewhere, maybe Print Setup?), then print it out, then white out the tab and make photocopies. Or cut just the sheet music parts, paste onto another sheet of paper and photocopy that.