Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Compression pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gingerfish, Dec 29, 2004.

1. What pedals are there for someone who wants to try out compression, ive seen a boss one but think it was guitar was something like CS-3, would this be useable on bass or would the ferequencies be hugely off? thanks Jon

2. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Two pedals you might want to try are the EBS Multicomp and the Demeter Compulator. I own both and lately I really like the demeter.

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    For the price, you really can't beat the Aphex Punch Factory pedal, which is also a DI.

4. phattire

phattire

Oct 27, 2004
    Burbank CA
    +1
    the Punch Factory is great for the money :bassist:

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Hey Eric, could you give me some more detail on your impression on the Punch Factory. I think Im going to try one tomorrow at work but Id like more user feedback.

6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    ...at work? what do you do? :confused:

7. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I use the CS-3 full-time. It works very well. I play 5-string with a low-B, and there's maybe a tad of attenuation on the lowest frequencies, but it's very minimal, if at all.

I've had this one a long time, and didn't really shop or compare with other pedals, but I am familiar with rackmount studio compressors, and this one is definately no slouch.

Joe

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I moved back to Miami and Im working at Guitar Center again.

9. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    that'd make sense, then.