Compressor specifics.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by el murdoque, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Empress. Boom..

Marc

83C30CE4-E39F-4724-9738-85371E9A8A08.jpeg

2. jdh3000

jdh3000

May 16, 2016
    Keeley Bassist... Simple, effective, transparent. It's like having a compressor/limiter do what it needs to do without being obvious.

There is a peak light to go by.

3. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Call me crazy but if that's really your only complaint about the M87, have you considered replacing the knobs with a wider diameter? From photos it looks like they just pull off - push on.

4. acleex38

acleex38

Jul 28, 2006
    I LOVE the Accountant (it's my "if I only take ONE pedal" pedal), but it isn't at all transparent, especially at the limiting compression ratio. Even at 3:1, it adds a bit of coloration.

When I need clean/transparent limiting, I use the Aguilar TLC.

What the Accountant does do is kick in SUPER fast (the attack time is apparently 1/2 the time as the TLC's fastest attack setting), so that 3:1 might still work for the OP. I'm just not sure it offers the control they're looking for.

bongomania and Rolling Thunder like this.
  5. My current compression go-to is the Orange Kongpressor (optical). So smooth.

acleex38 likes this.
  6. One Control

7. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    A couple dark horses to consider: Broughton Apex, Schalltechnik Pumpernickel, Maxon CP9Pro+.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021