1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

computer recording preamp: recomendations

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by nickname, Jun 16, 2005.

1. nickname

nickname

Jan 22, 2005
    just curious as to what you all would recommend for a preamp to record to computer. i have an excellent mixing board with preamp cababilities but not enuf power to provide a good enuf sound into the computer.

I'm still confused as to wether or not to go with the USB preamps they have out these days. I dont want to spend over 124 bucks canadian, and ebay is always great for that. I've had experience with M-audio and enjoyed. So please share with me what you would reccomend.

thanks

2. caesarbass

caesarbass Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Media producer for Nordstrand Pickups, Wilkins Basses, G&L Guitars and Basses, Marco Basses, Tonecraft Audio, Lemur Music. I also run TheBassHang.com and am a dealer for Ulyate Pickups and Colibri Basses
    You need an interface, e.g., M-box, Focusrite Saphire, etc...that's the only way your instrument and computer can communicate. You also need some kind of recording software, the M-box comes with pro-tools LE and is OK, and usually, all entry level interfaces come with a "light" version of some recording software. Also, these interfaces are usually firewire or usb, either will work.