Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

computer recording preamp: recomendations

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by nickname, Jun 16, 2005.

1. nickname

nickname

Jan 22, 2005
    just curious as to what you all would recommend for a preamp to record to computer. i have an excellent mixing board with preamp cababilities but not enuf power to provide a good enuf sound into the computer.

I'm still confused as to wether or not to go with the USB preamps they have out these days. I dont want to spend over 124 bucks canadian, and ebay is always great for that. I've had experience with M-audio and enjoyed. So please share with me what you would reccomend.

thanks

2. You need an interface, e.g., M-box, Focusrite Saphire, etc...that's the only way your instrument and computer can communicate. You also need some kind of recording software, the M-box comes with pro-tools LE and is OK, and usually, all entry level interfaces come with a "light" version of some recording software. Also, these interfaces are usually firewire or usb, either will work.