1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Contact Us" Response Time

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by DiabolusInMusic, Apr 9, 2015.

1. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I had asked a question over the weekend and I have yet to receive a response. I am just wondering what the response time is like.

Thanks in advance.

2. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    Send an email asking what the response time is to posted questions asking what the response time to emails is.

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    The response time depends on when the question was asked (mods have lives outside Talkbass!) and what the question is. Want to know how to reset your password? Simple. Want to know why your Bavarian nose flute recording ogg vorbis attachment sounds a bit warbly in Internet Explorer, but only on alternate Sundays? That takes longer :)

OP, we received a question from you on Friday 3rd April @ 8:11PM

A response was sent to you on Saturday 4th April @ 12:28pm.

If you don't have that response, please check and your spam filters and verify that the email address on file with Talkbass is the correct email address.

If you submitted a follow up question, we did not receive it so please resubmit it.

4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I never did send a follow-up. My e-mail on-file is correct, at least it should be. I did not change it and I have received e-mails from members in the past. I do not have any e-mail from TB in my inbox or spam/deleted folders.

Can I PM you my e-mail just to confirm. Would it be possible to just have that response sent again?

5. DiabolusInMusic

I have confirmed my e-mail, it was correct. Should I just ask my question again?

6. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    can you check the spam settings on your account? you have a free email provider and they are generally a bit more aggressive in their spam detection. For yahoo, for example, they have a setting 'automatically delete incoming spam' that means some emails never even make it to your suspected spam folder.
    We can certainly try again, but if you then still don't get the reply it's got to be your email providers issue.

7. DiabolusInMusic

I do not appear to have any kind of restrictions on my account, I still receive a ton of spam/junk mail. I have never had a problem receiving e-mails from the site before. I updated my e-mail (with the same address) through my TB contact details.

Can I just get the reply in a PM?

8. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    well, it's leaving our servers ok and not getting bounced so it's getting deleted somewhere. You can ask via pm for this, but please work with your email provider to work out what is going on for future.

9. DiabolusInMusic

Who should I PM about getting this? I double-checked everything with my e-mail provider, I have no restrictions. What is the e-mail address it should be coming from, I will add it to my saved senders list and see if it comes through after that. My list of blocked senders has nothing that could possibly be TB, unless these e-mails come from a wildly different address.

Could I possibly get you to try and send me an e-mail through my contact info to see if I can get any e-mails from TB?

Thanks for the assistance.

10. DiabolusInMusic

Bump.

11. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    you can pm me if you want, as for the other issue there's not much else we can do. The emails are leaving our servers ok , and if email address is correct then your email provider is silently eating / discarding them and there is nothing we can do about that.

12. DiabolusInMusic

I will send you a PM about getting that response. As far as the e-mail issue goes, what e-mail address should it be coming from so I can add it to my safe senders list. I have been in touch with my e-mail provider and they told me I have no restrictions. I am not tech savvy enough to figure this out so I am trying to do some basic things. I am assuming that the member to member e-mail would use the same system as the admin to member system or should I bother seeing if I receive e-mails from other members?

13. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY