1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cooking Recipes?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AmazingGracePlayer, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Can anyone suggest any websites with good cooking recipes? It's good if they have pictures of what the finished food looks like and detailed procedures.

Thanks!

2. Moving Out???

3. trumpeter

trumpeter

Jan 23, 2006
    Amherst, MA
    foodtv.com is pretty good.

I get a lot of my recipes from there.

4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Epicurious.com

5. Eh, where do I find the recipes on that site? :ninja:

6. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    The place you are looking for is http://recipe.com . Its exactly what you're looking for. Each recipe is rated and with a picture, so you know what you're going into.

Thai table is a good source for asian cuisine. I did the pad thai off of there and it was great. Step by step, and explanations of ingredients you probably haven't heard of before (tamarind, fish sauce, okra, etc.).

http://www.thaitable.com/

----------------------------------------------------------

[***EXCEPT FOR BAKING***]

In cooking though a lot of stuff is guess work. Go by tongue and flavor rather than exact measurements. You'll have a lot of recipes that call for a dash or a pinch, or tablespoon of this or that. Be able to do those visually, no need to dirty another dish to measure something as insignificant.

[/***EXCEPT FOR BAKING***]

You'll need a good knife. Thats important.

Watch cooking shows. Watch them intensely, inspecting how they keep their hands while chopping, the pivot points on the knife, how to organize/prep before throwing something on the stove. All important but minute things.

Italian is usually a good stepping stone of cooking. You've got your meats and fishes, carbs and veggies if you make a side salad. It also teaches you how to have all things prepared and ready at the same time (garlic bread burns hella fast!). Plus you get a introduction to spices like oregano, parsley and basil / bay leaves.

Really the most important part is to enjoy it. Have fun :)