Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CORVETTE $$ DOUBLE BUCK

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by valterantunes, Apr 13, 2005.

1. valterantunes

valterantunes

Apr 9, 2005
    Portugal
    Hi guys it´s me again....I´ve decided to write a new thread because I just ordered the corvette $$ and I don´t know anything about it. And at the store they can´t tell me much about it because it´s new.

Has anyone had any experience with the $$ ??
    I just need to know if it´s as good as the corvette standard.
    Or if it´s better or worst...anything...I really don´t know anything about this bass and have just ordered it :meh:
    thanks

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    That is a pretty adventurous decision. :D

It will be radically different from the Standard, being as it has an ash body, double MM buckers; and depending on the model Standard you're comparing it to, active electronics.

3. valterantunes

valterantunes

Apr 9, 2005
    Portugal
    I had to choose between the Corvette Standard with Swamp Ash body (active/passive) and the doublebuck.
    I chose the doublebuck !
    Have I made the right decision ??
    I mean...I assume that the difference in the sound won´t be huge ! am I right ?

4. Sergio

Sergio

Apr 7, 2004
    Lafitte, LA
    Actually, I'm willing to bet that there will be a pretty big difference! If you like the standard, why didn't you just go with that one?

5. valterantunes

valterantunes

Apr 9, 2005
    Portugal
    Because In Portugal I could only get a standard within 9 weeks...that´s a lot !
    So...I saw the $$ on the warwick site and it looks good...so I ordered it.

Has anyone played it ? does it sound good ?

6. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I think that you'll be one of the first TBers to get one! I bet you'll like it, especially if you liked the Corvette Std. I think the feel will be the same, just tonally different. I bet it'll sound like $$100,000,000.00 (Pun intended).

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    4 - 1699
    5 - 1999

I would imagine those are list.

I will have to try one of these when I get some mula.

8. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    GAS GAS GAS,

i wish i could play that but no store around here carries em.

9. I think around $1400 for the 5 and $1200 for the 4, retail if you multiply the list by .7 (70%) you get right around those prices.

Not as bad as I thought.

10. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    What color did you get this beaut in?

11. useless

useless Guest

Mar 11, 2004
    Fresno!
    from the looks of em' i think you'll be happy :bassist:

my visual inspection shows a monster tone potential :p

12. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I haven't seen it yet. this whole thread makes me think of Trigun and Vash's 1,000,000,000 double-dollar reward...Wrong robot where are you...

13. valterantunes

valterantunes

Apr 9, 2005
    Portugal
    I got it in Natural colour ( i think it´s like the corvette standard natural ).
    The price in Portugal is $1,678 but the guy made a good discount because I will pay in full cash...so I made the deal for $1,162 ( 900 EUR ).

So...I think nobody has tried this bass !!! Looks like I´m going to be the first bassist in Portugal to own this bass...lol

It will be at the store tomorrow for me to pick up....PLEASE...has anyone tried this bass in America or England ??? anywhere ??? :meh:

14. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Those DoubleBuck basses are so new, that few have hit stores and few people have tried them out.

If you do a search for "Doublebuck" you may find a reasonable amount of threads, and I think in the longest ones you'll find people who've tried them out.

So far response on them has been positive.

15. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    900 Euros for a new Corvette? That is a very good deal!

16. valterantunes

valterantunes

Apr 9, 2005
    Portugal
    :) Yeah...I know
    The price at the store was 1,350 EUR but he said that if I paid in Cash I could take it for 900..I thought he was joking, but he wasn´t :)
    I think it´s because here in Portugal we´re not really used to buy anything and pay straight away in full cash !

Anyway...is the bass good ???? :bassist:

17. IT'S A FREAKIN' WARWICK!!!
    of course it's good.

18. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I think NotDuane just got one and he liked it.
    He said slim neck (which is a great improvement over Warwick's thick necks), light weight (again a big improvement) and great tone.

19. valterantunes

valterantunes

Apr 9, 2005
    Portugal
    Hi guys,

Just got my Corvette $$ on friday and have done 2 gigs with it. Couldn't be happier ! :bassist:
    I have definitely made the right choice...I think I´m in love with this bass. :hyper:

20. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    I'm glad to hear it. Enjoy the bass. The DoubleBuck is intriguing to me because of the swamp ash body; it's probably lighter in weight than other Warwicks.

What color did you get it in?