1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Could Darkglass B7K be a clean boost?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nyangsw, Oct 4, 2013.

1. nyangsw

nyangsw

Apr 26, 2012
    When the blend on minimum, the sound is full clean signal with EQ boost, but the level does'nt work.
    Could I use B7K as a clean boost? How?

2. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Yes, it sure can be. I use mine as a clean preamp and it boosts/can boost the signal quite a bit.

3. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    You need to blend the affected signal, you can't boost the clean one. You can however make the affected tone clean.

4. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    +1 you can't actually boost without having at least a touch of the effect signal in the mix

5. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    Not quite true, per the Darkglass megathread from about Page 27...

With the EQ's at noon, they are unity gain. Below straight up, they attenuate, but turned up from there, they boost.

There is a substantial amount of boost available just from the EQ, and the EQ is effective even with the Blend at 0.

6. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    yes that's a good point, forgot about that! but really with the blend super low you can get an ALMOST clean boost anyway :)