1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Critique our studio recordings

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Unemploid, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Give advice and suggestions. Thanks.

Also, I just found out about these various artist - topic videos.

Justin case

Mind blower

History

Wookieeboy likes this.
  2. saabfender

saabfender SUSPENDED

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I love the garageband vibe. However, in order to make it fly, you've got to make these less bright and get some low end into them. You should pay real money to them professionally mastered. The mixes are decent and the playing isn't too bad.

In the meantime, I feel like your monitoring environment could use a lot of improvement. Yeah, I like the band, the songs, the feel and the mix. Ship it off to have it finished.

Unemploid likes this.
  3. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i agree with everything saabfender said in support...nice! i also agree with him that the bass/low end could be treated differently: more of it! where i differ a little: i think a remix (pump up --- gain and/or EQ --- the bass!) would/could help.

but very nice! i really enjoyed listening to your tunes! keep up the good work and good luck to you on your journey! :thumbsup:

Unemploid and Bassbeater like this.
  4. Bassbeater

Bassbeater Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    Justin Case
    the guitars are maybe a little bit too produced compared to the bass, drums and vocals. They sound good, but in a punk music context they may be outshining the other instruments. the kick would benefit from being "married" to the bass guitar. I like the song, I like punk rock. \m/

Mind Blower
    sounds like it had similar treatment.

History
    sounds better in the beginning with the kick and the bass, but the kick gets lost in the full mix. I think the kick is too low in the mix in general maybe.

Good punk rock man!

Unemploid likes this.
  5. The bass guitar or the bass frequencies of the guitar track?

6. BrBss

BrBss Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    More kick, less hi hat.

Wookieeboy, Unemploid and Bassbeater like this.
  7. JRA

both could use a second look, IMO:
    the bass guitar could pump more. also, the guitar/kick/bass guitar could be 'treated' for an increase in the low end, overall, but be careful of mud...and then the other tracks would be affected by attention to the low end. but i don't want to give you the impression that those opinions are 'deal breakers' because they're not. you cats did a great job putting those mixes together (i forgot to mention the panning tricks/candy = nice!). my initial impulse: boost the bass and take another look at the low end. it was just a 1st impression. ;)

saabfender and Unemploid like this.
  8. JRA

i like your tunes! :thumbsup:

Unemploid likes this.
  9. Any thoughts anybody? My band's latest release.

Unemploid likes this.