1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Custom bass pickups.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Fozzman, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Fozzman

Fozzman

Feb 27, 2013
    Southern Maine
    I play a 54 Fender reissue P bass and love everything about it except the hum that I use to get from the single coil pickup. I found some specialty and custom pickups out there that were suppose to eliminate the hum, but the reviews that I was reading didn't give me the comfort level I was looking for to drop a couple hundred bills on. I live in New England and I have found a luthier that specializes in custom pickups. I have not been asked to give this review and I will not receive any kick-backs by writing this. I appreciate the fact that as bassists, we are on a constant journey to find our "perfect sound." The company is Stonewall Pickups and you can find them on FaceBook. The customer service is excellent, tell them exactly what you want and they will make it for you. If they don't get it exactly the way you want it the first time, they will do what ever it takes to get it done right. For me, I wanted my lows and highs rolled off a bit so my sound is more mid-low through mid-high without the extremes and the blend is simply amazing with no hum. They also do great repair work. When I find something great, I share it. If you live in New England Stonewall Pickups is worth checking out.

Never Stop Rockin'
    Fozzman

Brian Dechant likes this.
  2. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I convert 4 string Rickenbackers to 5 string basses.
  3. 39-Bassist

39-Bassist

Jul 7, 2010
    Florida
    Endorsing Artist for: Brace Audio; Duncan Pickups; Line6, Hipshot, GHS Strings, Somnium Guitars
    Duncan will build you a pickup if needed.....just another thought.