Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

custom Jazz - st louis area

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by jja412, May 12, 2004.

1. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Okay -

This was stolen from my church about 9 months ago. I have no pics (and probably no chance of recovery.) It was a USA custom guitars Jay jr. body (red sparkle burst over quilt maple) with Bart J pickups, an aguilar OBP-1 pre, and a Moses jazz neck. Black Hipshot American Classic tuners, graphite nut, Black Dunlop Straplocks, black Leo Quan BAII bridge. Not too many basses like it I would guess.

Anyone seen it??

2. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Also had a three way switch installed for bypass/active/mute.
    And a 9v battery box.

3. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Found. Just purchased it back after spotting it on ebay. The seller was unaware of it's hot status - he had bought it in January over the Bay. He was very understanding, and took less $ than I was offering to get it back to it's rightful owner. WOOHOO... :hyper:

4. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Wow, congrats...that's pretty wild. Does he still have the auction info from the last guy?

5. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Yep - Contacted the guy who sold it to him.... He had it for about a year. Bought it used from a Music store in Alton, IL. I'm contacting the store to see if they have a record of who traded it in /sold it.

Funny thing is, the guy in IL who had it played in a festival I ran the sound system for last summer. He was using it as his backup, and it never left the case... So close, yet so far. :eek:

6. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    That's pretty wild...at least you got it back.