1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Custom order SX ESSEX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoeVictim, Oct 2, 2008.

1. http://www.formsite.com/rondomusic/customorder/

WoW! I haven't done a quote because like usual, I am broke. But, how cool is this! You can custome design your own guit or bass. Though, it would be cool if you could see what the options look like.

Discuss.

2. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    It looks like they're for Agile and Brice instruments only. They didn't say anything about SX.

3. Oh man! just noticed that...can anyone tell me how to change thread title? Still, its pretty cool.

4. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    That is very cool! I wonder how much a "fully loaded" bass would end up going for...

How did you come across this, JoeVictim?

5. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    The only thing I don't like about it is that they charge you $10.00 just to ask for a quote and they don't apply that $10.00 towards the bass if you do decide you want it.

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    To be fair, if you're in the market for a new instrument and are willing to take the time to do it in a (somewhat) custom way, then $10 is a nominal fee and not really a big deal.

I can understand why they're doing it, though. It seems like they're doing the quotes by hand and figuring out what each instrument will cost. If every Joe Blow who "just wanted to price a few options out" but wasn't really interested in buying the product dropped Rondo a line, they would spend all their time preparing quotes for no sale. That's just wasted time. The small fee seperates potential sales from the deadbeats.

Now, if they just had a program that added up all the boxes you checked and spit out a number, that would be one thing. But if someone at Rondo is sitting down to figure this out, then charging for a quote doesn't seem out of the question.

7. Sorry, I didn't answer you. As you can see, Rondo has removed this option from their site. I came across this when I went to the rondo site. It was a sort of pop up.

Anyone get a custom bass made?

8. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

The custom order window has closed. Besides, if I remember correctly, customer orders start at something like $500. Pretty expensive for an SX, Brice or Agile.