1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Custom Watkins 4 string. Trade for fretless

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by John Ruiz, Oct 19, 2004.

1. John Ruiz

John Ruiz

Oct 9, 2000
    Plano, Tx
    Here it is. It is a prototype built by John Watkins. I traded my Modulus 6 for it here, and I have enjoyed playing it, but now I am itching for a nice fretless bass. Show me what you got!!

There is one pot that is bent slightly (that way when I got it) but it still functions properly, and I imagine that it could be repaired easily. :D

Either post your trade ideas here, or you can email me at jruiz@hotels.com . Thanks for looking!

2. Good to see that Bass is still in a TBers hands. I was the first to buy it from John. He does some fine work. I'd love to see what he's building now!!
    Good luck,
    Hawk :D

3. John Ruiz

John Ruiz

Oct 9, 2000
    Plano, Tx
    Due to recent developements, the bass is now also available for sale. I will sell it for $1250 with hardshell case. I hate to sell it, as it is my only bass currently, but I am in need of funds, so....

4. John Ruiz

John Ruiz

Oct 9, 2000
    Plano, Tx
    :ninja:

5. John Ruiz

John Ruiz

Oct 9, 2000
    Plano, Tx
    I'm willing to knock $150 off that price, so if someone would like this bass for $1100 , let me know. It sounds terrific, and plays well. I am also still open to trading it for a fretless if anyone is interested.

6. John Watkins

John Watkins

Oct 3, 2003
    John, that model is available in a fretless version, you know.... :)

Also, feel free to contact me about that bent pot. The bass was a prototype, but it still has a limited warranty.

Here's what I've been doing lately, but I hope to be starting a batch of basses soon.