Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom Watkins 4 string. Trade for fretless

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by John Ruiz, Oct 19, 2004.

1. John Ruiz

John Ruiz

Oct 9, 2000
    Plano, Tx
    Here it is. It is a prototype built by John Watkins. I traded my Modulus 6 for it here, and I have enjoyed playing it, but now I am itching for a nice fretless bass. Show me what you got!!

There is one pot that is bent slightly (that way when I got it) but it still functions properly, and I imagine that it could be repaired easily. :D

Either post your trade ideas here, or you can email me at jruiz@hotels.com . Thanks for looking!

2. Good to see that Bass is still in a TBers hands. I was the first to buy it from John. He does some fine work. I'd love to see what he's building now!!
    Good luck,
    Hawk :D

3. John Ruiz

John Ruiz

Oct 9, 2000
    Plano, Tx
    Due to recent developements, the bass is now also available for sale. I will sell it for $1250 with hardshell case. I hate to sell it, as it is my only bass currently, but I am in need of funds, so....

4. John Ruiz

John Ruiz

Oct 9, 2000
    Plano, Tx
    I'm willing to knock $150 off that price, so if someone would like this bass for $1100 , let me know. It sounds terrific, and plays well. I am also still open to trading it for a fretless if anyone is interested.

5. John Watkins

John Watkins

Oct 3, 2003
    John, that model is available in a fretless version, you know.... :)

Also, feel free to contact me about that bent pot. The bass was a prototype, but it still has a limited warranty.

Here's what I've been doing lately, but I hope to be starting a batch of basses soon.