1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Customizing pickup enclosures

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Oreomeister365, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Hi, I was curious about foraying into some custom pickups down the road, but most pickups aren't quite as large as the stock pickups that the bass I plan on installing them in comes with. In an effort to hide any extra routing space, because looks do matter to me, I was thinking of adding a "fin" so to speak around the edge of the pickups, much like the I guess older wal pickups:
    Wal_4strings_1.

This modification would be done to some pickups which are exactly MM size, with those 8 pole pieces.
    [​IMG]

If there no one that can do something like this I'd probably try to do it myself, but maybe there is someone who does custom pickup enclosures, whether it be just modding the pickups I give to them or new enclosures altogether. Do any of you know of any?

Hey, maybe I could use the universities 3d printers, that's actually a pretty good idea.

Thanks