1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Darkglass B7K question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jason Wilson, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Hi all
    Sorry if this has been asked, at work & no time to search

I can't seem to be able to get my volume sorted on my B7K. So my clean (effect off) and distorted (on obviously) are about the same volume.
    My clean bass sound always seems to be too low, then when I turn the effect on, it is much louder.
    How do I either get my clean sound louder, or, set it so my effect is quieter?

Any advice?

2. chaosmic

chaosmic

Feb 6, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    The B7K has a slight boost on the clean signal (5 db maybe?) so I would suggest mixing in a little more of the drive signal and reducing the volume slightly to better match your non-B7K volume. Hope this helps!

3. Sorry, I may be being dumb here I think. The quiet/clean bass is too quiet. So I should increase the drive and reduce volume on which knob?

4. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    Hey, the only dumb question is the one not asked ;).

Just to make sure I understand, your problem is the volume difference between the pedal off and the pedal engaged? The clean affected signal (pedal on, Blend at minimum) has a 5dB boost, which is slight and it helps in case you want to drive a power amp or if you're cutting too much on the EQ.

If this is the case, what the fellow chaosmic suggested is correct: you can tame down the clean portion of the affected signal by lowering the Level knob (which will lower the volume of the distorted signal) and then Blending them. If you are using the Blend fully maxed you can just use the Level knob to match the distorted Volume to the bypass signal, and if you're using the Blend at minimum you can set the Level knob at zero and then move the Blend up until both signals have the same volume.

Hope this helps!
    Regards,
    Doug.

gregmon79 likes this.
  5. Awesome, thanks heaps guys.
    I will try your advice and I am sure to sort it now :)
    By the way, I love the pedal!! I have a full effects processor, but it's the B7K that is my can't do without, even tho the processor has the tuner! ha ha ha