1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Date on Thursday, tips/help?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassist 4 life, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Okay, so. I finally told this girl i like how i felt about her and it turned out she felt the same way, so we're going on a date. This is my first date, any helps and tips? I'm really worried about me being nervous and screwing everything up, lol.

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    When you first see her, vomit on her shoes. That will ease the tension and the rest of the night will fly by.

3. Don't grab you're hard-on TOO much.
    But, if you do, and she notices, proceed with vomiting on her shoes;)

4. hahaha, we're going to see a movie and then we're having dinner, if that helps.

5. Wasp

Wasp

Jun 26, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Don't think about boobs.

Seriously, don't think about it as a massive event. Its a date. Relax, be yourself, and all will turn out well.

And if it doesn't, vomit on her shoes.

6. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    The film will give you some time together without having to talk much, so you should be able to get over your nerves. Then you've just got to navigate dinner successfully!

If you're nervous, neck a couple of shots at the bar to loosen yourself up. The alcohol will help you fly, but unlike necking pints, shots won't make you need to go to the can every 5 minutes. Be sincere, gentlemanly and be yourself. Just kick back, have fun and have no expectations of where the date will go, just let it roll.

7. Be yourself and relax, any expectations/concerns you are thinking about the date, forget about them. They will do you no good. Remember she is going out with you because she likes you the way you are. Be confident and funny...

And if that doesn't work do the vomit thing suggested above...except when she goes to clean off her shoes, whip it out! :D

8. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I wish I could tell you but I don't know what is and what isn't considered appropriate in Bahrain.

9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Spend all night quoting Top Gun, and request a fly-by from her. If she responds "negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is full", perform a fly-by.

If it looks like you're going to get a kiss in the final embrace of the night, say "Too close for missiles, switching to guns" and go for it.

10. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    LOL just saw that yesterday. My bro bought it on DVD.

11. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I just watched it on Friday. For some reason my girlfriend has it on dvd, and I was like "yep, love this film". Everyone should watch it.

TS, ditch the cinema, rent Top Gun on dvd and watch that with her.

12. Wasp

Wasp

Jun 26, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    You know, I expected an Englishman to suggest quoting Monty Python. There goes that stereotype :bag:

13. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    top_gun_maverick_tom_cruise_suited.

Sorry to disappoint, but I would expect Monty Python and the Holy Grail to be banned in Bahrain.

14. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I'd expect Top Gun to be banned in most places in the middle east.

15. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    On account of being too good, maybe! They'll all get jealous when they see the US Navy's amazing technology, as their air forces are made up of recovered plains that crashed in WWI and II.

16. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Wear your good underwear.

17. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Buy a compression shirt and some compression shorts the day of the date, and wear them under your clothes on the night. You'll feel amazing. Similarly, a black compression shirt will highlight the finer points of your physique for her delicate eyes. Of course, avoid this if you're a fatty!

And don't forget the TOP GUN!

18. Haha, thanks guys,I'll let you all know how it goes and i'll post pics.

Oh and about Top Gun, hah it still airs here, i dont think i've ever seen monty python on tv here though.

19. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    If you're prone to stress related flatulence, and as a bass player you probably are, eat some Gas-X before the date.

20. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Errr, um... IS that a bass player thing? I haven't heard that one before...