1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DC Jam Sessions??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by meursault42, Apr 29, 2010.

1. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    This is a shoutout to all the DC-area bassists on here. I'm relatively new to the area...moved here from Detroit for a military band job. As such, the bass has been relegated to secondary status (I play sax with the military group), but I'm looking to get back in the mix again. Does anyone know of a good hang for sit-ins and jam sessions? Holla...

2. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    bump

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    No. However, you need to get on the DC area GTG list. Click the link in my sig to see pictures from the last one we had. They are a blast - lots of jamming goes on there.

4. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Bangkok Blues in Falls Church has a Blues jam on Sunday evenings.

Tiffany Tavern in Old Town Alexandria has a Bluegrass jam Monday through Thursday.

The Zoo Bar in NW DC has a great Blues jam on Thurs nights. It's my favorite in town. Some of the cats really get authentic with the Blues.

5. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    Thanks! I'll have to check those out.