1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dean Markley SR2000's

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bluzzy8, Apr 25, 2009.

1. bluzzy8

bluzzy8

Jan 26, 2008
    toronto
    Hello Everyone,

Can someone give me some feedback on these strings?I am using Roto's and have for years but the darn things lose there ring too early.What are your thoughts on what strings I should try?I want that piano ring but just to last a little longer.

Thanks..........:)

2. Two month bump!

This may be a little late for you -- two months late -- but I'm going to respond anyway.

SR2000 are reall good strings. They're very bright and crunchy, even with j style pickups. Furthermore, they're quite tight. I had a set of 47-107 on my Thumb NT4 months ago tuned to D and they sounded great.

They're different from Rotos, but in a good way. They're tighter and are more responsive to down-tuning and picking, if you use either method, than Rotos. That, and they're brighter for longer and have -- as I mentioned before -- crunchy piano tone that Rotos don't have.

I highly recommend them. In fact I'm going to get a set for my Thumb BO5 ASAP.

3. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Sorry I'm two months late also ~ I use them as an alternate to DR High beams when GC is out. I like them for their bright funky sound.

4. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

My favorite string by far...they sound great, bright and punchy, and last longer than any string Ive ever used