1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dean Q4 w/Bartolinis, $132.99 84% Off

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Bongolation, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Backordered, but this link should show it, right between the laser cat toy and the exercycle. :rollno:

Yeah, I know, a Dean furniture axe with tiger-eye top...:rolleyes:

But for a lightweight with Barts, well, um, maybe.

[​IMG]

2. Andy_D

Andy_D

Nov 28, 2009
    Corpus Christi, TX
    No, the link didn't show up. I did a lot of searches and can't seem to find it

If true that's an increadible price. Hell, the pickups alone are worth that.

3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    No luck either.

4. Andy_D

Andy_D

Nov 28, 2009
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I found it!

Go to the listing for the Dean Q4 and click on the hyperlink "2 New". this will give you other options. One of the options does not have a picture or a price, and is sold by Amazon. Click on that and you'll get the $139 Q4. I just ordered mine. Back ordered of course but what an insanely cheep price. Plus I have Amazon prime so I get free 2 day shipping. How can Amazon make any money on these deals?

I must admit I'm a sucker for a bargain. I've never really considered buying a Dean before, I know Brian Bromberg is now an endorser. I'm pretty sure that it will be a keeper and if it's a good player I'll add it to the stable. But, if not, there is no way I'll lose money on this transaction. I could probably sell it on CL in a day or two for twice that.

5. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    It's screwed up, but it's still there. Everyone was ordering these for $139.99, and the "Gold Box Deal" is slightly less.

I can't post a link that works for this without it showing my account. The page is messed up where it shows it's $519 coming from 8th Street Music and not Amazon.

The deal's still available, if you can just find it. :confused: I just ordered one. The deal definitely works and they're definitely taking backorders.

I think it might work if you log on to your account first. Cold, it doesn't seem to work.

Getting the deals from Amazon is getting more and more complicated. :spit:

6. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I ordered. Like yours, it's not in stock. I wonder if they will follow through with that deal?

7. Dale D Dilly

Dale D Dilly Monster

Jul 1, 2008
    It's been listed at that price and as "out of stock, due in a couple months" for months and months now. I don't think they're going to restock it anytime soon. I had placed an order for one in July or August and finally just withdrew my order.

8. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    On the other hand, maybe they finally have a bead on some coming in. Weird that they would make this a "Gold Box Deal" if they were totally MIA.

On the other hand, Amazon does drop the ball sometimes. :rollno:

Doesn't matter. If they don't get them, they don't charge you anything up front. [shrug]

I've waited for seven months+ for a backordered bass, though not from them.

9. Dale D Dilly

Dale D Dilly Monster

Jul 1, 2008
    Yeah, I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from a potential deal, just thought that info would be good to have. The fact that they have it on their clearance promotion page is probably a good sign.

10. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I'd also mention that when Amazon has backorders that are not clearly on their way, they very rapidly let you know there's a problem and ask what you want to do, and they usually cancel if it's not going to be in soon, even if you want to wait. So...if this is really going to be a no-show, they must have unusually well lost the ball. :meh:

On the other hand, AFAIK, these were Korean Cor-Teks, which are long out of production. Where more would be coming from, I dunno. Maybe Indonesia in a slow container.

Oh well, "embrace the mystery." ;)

11. Need2KnowBasses

Need2KnowBasses

Aug 30, 2010
    I actually ordered one of these a few months back and the order was finally filled last week. I've posted this in other threads but I'll show it off again.
    100_0001-1.
    It arrived in a factory sealed box in perfect condition. Plays great right out of the box.

12. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    There is one of these at a local shop. These are killer basses! Dean has really picked up their quality in the last 2 years. I am shocked at how nice the basses are setup when I receive them. This is a steal!

13. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    What was the country of origin on yours?

14. Need2KnowBasses

Need2KnowBasses

Aug 30, 2010
    The order or the bass? I ordered from the US and the bass was made in Korea.

15. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    That's interesting as Cor-Tek closed up shop in Korea in...what? 2008?

Makes me wonder where they're discovering this stock. :confused:

16. Need2KnowBasses

Need2KnowBasses

Aug 30, 2010
    I have no idea where they are finding them but I ordered a second one after I got the shipping notice for the first. I doubt I'll get the second one but I doubted I would get the first as well.

17. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    How's it sound, I'm debating on if I should order it.

18. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I ordered it Saturday, where is it???? God, they are soooo slow!

19. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    I just ordered one, Heck....If I don't love it. I can just re sell it.

20. Need2KnowBasses

Need2KnowBasses

Aug 30, 2010
    Sounds great. Fairly versatile with a wide range of tones. I do prefer the Bartolini's more than the EMG Hz's in the standard Q4. The EMG's aren't bad but the Bartolini's have a fuller sound with better lows IMO.

Anyone who orders one of these be prepared to be super patient and know there is a high probability of disappointment. I waited two months before my first order for the Q4 Bartolini was filled. It makes absolutely no sense financially for Amazon to continue fulfilling orders at this price. I'm guessing it's just a mistake that no one at Amazon has noticed yet. After my first one shipped I ordered a second. I will definitely post if I get a shipping notice. The good thing is they don't bill until it ships. You can also cancel the order at any time.