1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Dean Resonator Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slappidypoppity, Oct 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. So, I've just ordered the Dean resonator Bass in black on Ebay:hyper:. I can't find anything about this bass other than the specs. There's no Youtube videos, no reviews, It's like they've never been played...Does anyone have any experience with these instruments in any way? $_35.jpg :bassist:

eastcoasteddie, hopsbb and GKon like this.
  2. looks like something les claypool would play like in this video

3. hopsbb

hopsbb

Nov 8, 2014
    No idea but I'd love to find out more about it myself.

4. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    I tried one (Although I don't think it was a Dean)--it was kind of cool, but not something that would be my main bass.
    Which is something I'd take into account in terms of price.

Hope it works out & when it arrives--enjoy!

5. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    So, how did it turn out? How's the quality? Was just looking at one of these myself.

6. JerryPotato

JerryPotato

Mar 3, 2016
    Ya, like to know more about it myself as I'm looking for something like this.

Anyone has more information?

7. ManOnEarth

ManOnEarth

Mar 21, 2016
    Looks pretty nifty.

I can never find any information on basses that Dean makes, which as I feel like I've said over the last week, they really do make a very quality instrument for the price... And if you're curious, a lot of them seem to be coming out of Korea these days (who are doing phenominal work)

8. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

I tried a few different resonator basses over the years. Never found anything about them I really liked or couldn't get just as easily out of a bass I already owned. Hybrid reso-guitars are another story. I especially like the Eastwood Airline Folkstar and will someday buy one for Floyd and the sort of stuff in the linked video.

9. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    I tried a few resonator basses several years ago...they didn't stick.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  10. jorgepac11

jorgepac11

Sep 1, 2016

:bassist:I own one, is gorgeous and the sound is great, i´ve tried other acoustic basses but the sound was poor unplugged; this resobass is very comfy and sounds great unplugged, sounds well when your in an acoustic group, and is good for practice when you have family whom you could be annoying when you are plugged to an amp

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021